Our Client is in search of an Infrastructure Engineer to leverage significant experience in a wide array of technologies to implement and maintain Windows servers, Cisco networks, EMC VMX SAN, VMware ESX hosts, Asterisk VoIP servers, and a variety of infrastructure-based applications such as MS Exchange, Nimsoft Monitoring, etc. The Infrastructure Specialist resolves end user issues as well as systematic problems, and executes projects as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responds to end-user issues on a timely basis, with appropriate communications, a customer-service orientation and are resolved promptly using techniques approved by the department head.
• Monitors production resources (servers, networks, applications, etc.) to maximize our ability to predict and proactively react to the threat of resource outage.
• Implements and maintains production resources (servers, networks, applications, etc.), including applying preventative maintenance, diagnosing and resolving technical issues, creating/maintaining virtual machines in ESX, maintaining adequate version/patch levels (preferably automated), etc.
• Backs up production resources and verifies that the backups are capable of restoring each specific production resource, practicing at least quarterly.
• Addresses IT Problems with highest priority and communicates status updates adequately to the appropriate user population.
• Configures new computers for new hires or to replace existing computers as needed, leveraging imaging technologies to maintain consistency.
• Documents all issues, problems, and projects in the IT Issue Tracking system with a sufficient degree of detail, keeping active items updated at least daily.
• Properly accounts for IT Inventory, logging all items received into inventory and all items dispersed assigned to the appropriate people.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SherlockTech loves to share $500 referral fees