Our client in Palm Beach Gardens is in need of a Jr. SQL DBA. The Jr. SQL DBA role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, performance tune development, QA, and production databases while ensuring highest levels of data availability for those in production. This individual is also responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of databases and their accompanying software. Although production support is a key portion of this job, this is also meant to be a pro-active position. The perfect candidate would be an out of the box thinker who is well versed in Microsoft SQL but is also ready to explore new database technologies.
• Work with other staff members to develop database architectures, coding standards, and quality assurance policies and procedures.
• Design and implement redundant systems, policies, and procedures for disaster recovery and data archiving to ensure effective protection and integrity of data assets.
• Conduct research and make recommendations on database products, services, protocols, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Create designs for new database development and/or changes to existing ones.
• Respond to and resolve database access and performance issues.
• Monitor database system details within the database, including stored procedures and execution time, and implement efficiency improvements.
• Monitor, optimize and allocate physical data storage for database systems.
• Plan and coordinate data migrations between systems.
• Develop, implement, and maintain change control and testing processes for modifications to databases.
• Perform database transaction and security audits.
• Establish appropriate end-user database access control levels.
• Act as an in house database consultant by maintaining knowledge of latest trends in the area of database technologies both for owned products and products we might want to acquire.
• Maintain inventories of development, QA, and production databases
• Work through identified control procedures to adhere to SOX compliance requirements and proactively collect evidence for pertinent stakeholders.
• Maintain inventories of development, QA, and production databases.
• Mentor more junior database engineers in best practices.
On Our Wish List
• Experience with MySQL
• Experience, education, or knowledge of
o Unstructured and NoSQL Database such as MongoDB and Cassandra
o Columnar analytic databases
o Big data file systems such as Hadoop
o Data virtualization
Knowledge & Experience
• At least 5+ years Microsoft SQL Server
• Experience with SQL Server 2005 and 2008
• Knowledge of SQL Server 2000 and 2012
• Architecting highly available database environments
• Installing, Upgrading and Patching
• Business Intelligence / Data Warehousing
• SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
• High availability and Disaster Recovery implementation schemes
SherlockTech loves to share $500 referral bonuses!