Our Coral Gables based client is looking for an experienced SQL DBA (minimum 5 years) to join a firm known for their innovative technology. You will be responsible for building and executing database structures, understanding and implementing database connectivity, clustering, mirroring and a statistical modeling processes that include database development, analysis and reporting to increase new business productivity (i.e. trends, revenue and etc). The candidate will need to understand complete overall backup, full tolerance redundancy and data efficiencies as required.
Assist in disaster recovery additions and incorporate best practices for database implementations and support.
The DBA is accountable for applying upgrades, support and work with advance software tools as needed.
• Designs, builds, and tests specific database structures, applying best practices and optimize the existing environment for better efficiency gains.
• Have working knowledge of using statistical modeling as a foundation for weekly, monthly and annual forecasting cycles to show metrics of database performance.
• Provide reporting on performance and effectiveness of statistical modeling and manual override forecast accuracy.
• Able to execute several types of analysis; including statistical modeling and understanding of Data Warehouse concepts.
• Develop and maintain databases and modeling activities for all business efforts. This includes querying, programming and modeling expertise to capture and analyze information from the existing databases and data warehouse.
• Exceptional programming and analysis across a broad range of data analysis tools e.g. Business Objects, Informatica and etc.
• Assists delivery in evaluation of business data and recommends appropriate analytic approaches/strategies to achieve stated objectives. Performs analyses to drive investment decisions and optimize expense/efforts for database upgrades and support.
• Assists in overall design and/or analytic frameworks as described by the Database Manager. Understand, leverage and enhance existing strategies and processes. Provide statistical analysis to develop, test, and optimize databases to their full potential.
• Be part of an overall team in which provides, develops and implements full database structure and blueprint of database updates, monitoring and assisting in developing, testing efforts for database use.
• Can formulate a robust Test, Stage and UAT database facilities that can meet the needs of clients’ expectations.
• Can assist with creation of regular reporting summarizing key metrics (such as: file attrition, retention, and acquisition measurements) and trends to keep management abreast.
• Work with Data Architect and Enterprise Application Architect to establish overall data road map and blue prints.
• 5+ years of large corporate experience in model development, statistical methodologies and quantative analysis.
• 3 to 5 years of Database Administration.
• Proven track record of building a robust database structure which would include support to new development and maintaining existing production.
• Be familiar with database monitoring tools and able to implement oncall process to support existing production environments
• Able to document and construct Development, Test, Stage and UAT environments for database controls and work efforts.
• Able to work as a team player with Application Developers, other database administrators and operational personnel; providing guidance, direction and support.
*Healthcare and/or insurance experience preferred
SherlockTech loves to give $500 referral bonuses!