What we need:
Our client is a one of the most reputable Database Solutions Providers in the country, with offices in major cities in the United States.
The Senior Business Analyst serves as the liaison between the Agency Technology Teams and their clients. This is a highly visible position, as the Senior Business Analyst gathers and drives requirements and initiatives at all levels. The successful candidates will have a strong attention to detail and is entrusted with accurately documenting requirements and acceptance criteria for a project.
• Interface with the client and multi-disciplinary teams within our client (Business Intelligence, Information Technology, Database and Data Warehouse Developers, Project Managers) to support the solution delivery process
• Synthesize complex and contradictory information into concise, readable, unambiguous written requirements at multiple levels of detail
• Take primary ownership for written requirements specifications, from initial creation, through change management and solution delivery
• Take direction from Project Management regarding schedule, scope, and cost tradeoffs
• Assist with the delivery of the system into production by designing and supporting the formal client acceptance process, according to our client’s defined standards
• Accurately document requirements and acceptance criteria for our client’s Marketing solutions
• Perform analysis of new data for inclusion in a marketing database, and ad-hoc analysis of data in the database to support the requirements process
• Qualified individuals possess the attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• 5+ years experience with writing detailed requirements specifications for IT solution delivery with a significant database component or database focus – consisting of at least 100 distinct enumerated requirements
• 5+ years experience as a business requirements analyst with full lifecycle software implementations (SDLC) involving large databases
• Experience with Marketing, especially: Database Marketing, Direct Marketing, Email Marketing, Interactive Marketing
• Experience with test planning and use cases
• Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
• SQL experience to conduct basic data analysis
• Experience as an end-user with BI tools such as SAS, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.
• Experience as an end-user with Campaign tools such as Unica, Alterian, etc.
• Willingness to travel when necessary-Can be up to 50%
• Ability to thrive in a complex environment and rapidly master complex data structures
• Exhibits intense curiosity, to dig beneath the superficial and identify facts