The Help Desk Administrator is primarily responsible for answering all IT support inquiries from users and accurately identify, prioritize and log the service requests. This person is responsible for ensuring user satisfaction in every step of problem resolution. The Help Desk Administrator is also responsible for ordering new equipment, providing administrative support to the IT group, and populating/updating all User Manuals and Guides.
Duties and Responsibility:
• Answers Help Desk phones in a courteous, friendly and timely manner.
• Deals directly with end users and communicates in a way that the end user understands.
• Resolves 80% of user issues and refers those issues that cannot immediately be resolved to another IT Support Technician.
• Resolves user-reported incidents and service requests within time specified in IT User Support Guidelines document
• Works with IT Support Technicians to solve problems reported by users.
• Employs User Manuals and Guide to develop skills, troubleshoot with users, and eventually be responsible for maintaining Manuals and Guides.
• Maintains data on the company’s intranet and updates as requested by various stakeholders
• Logs all issues (via email, phone, or live visit) into the Help Desk call tracking software, including detailed information.
• Ensures all calls (voicemail) and emails received after normal support coverage hours are logged into the system.
• Maintains company’s IT inventory and monitors licensing volumes
• Generates Help Desk Activity Report based on Help Desk Service Request statuses (Weekly/Monthly) to assist in performing analyses.
• Responsible for IT purchases and requisitions.
• Uses any free time not needed to fulfill the above duties to do self-training to develop knowledge and skills.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Information Technology Manager.
• Ability to work effectively within a team environment and on own initiative.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• High level of initiative, self-confidence, motivation and adaptability.
• Must be a highly motivated, assertive self-starter, a true team player, extremely well organized and detail oriented, with the ability to take directions and follow through.
• Must be able to think outside the box and ask probing questions to really work with users to find solutions
• Must be able to work independently to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be able to effectively communicate with other IT employees and team members, as well as with all levels of personnel.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Minimum 2-4 years experience in a Help Desk/ customer service environment.
• Conceptual knowledge of personal computers and related equipment, including hardware and software along with experience in using Microsoft office products.
Technical Certifications is a plus.
Referrals Welcome! Sherlock is happy to offer a $ 500 referral fee if your candidate is selected.