The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for the monitoring, maintenance and improvement of the business's core Cisco network, which is comprised of multiple POPs around the country. The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for finding solutions, implementing network projects for the businesses and providing design/installation support for customers, both on-site in the data center or remotely via phone, email, remote access of networking gear.
1. Manage OSPF and BGP configurations on all network switches and routers; Cisco Call Manager.
2. Configuring of Routers, Firewalls and Switches with VLANS, VPNs, QoS, access lists, and more.
3. Evaluation of new and existing network devices to identify any issues/problems and improve network performance and stability.
4. Continuously monitor network bandwidth for anomalous traffic behavior, circuit bandwidth or latency issues, and make appropriate changes to correct anomalies.
5. Organize Cisco equipment and related accessories for network maintenances.
6. Develop and maintain security policies for network devices across backbone.
7. Manage and maintain IP addresses and related systems.
8. Design and make updates to network diagrams utilizing MS Visio for both the business backbone and customers.
9. Resolve any Wide Area Networking (WAN) issues for customers.
10. Assist with maintaining five-nines (99.999%) uptime of core Cisco network.
11. documentation of any network changes.
12. Support NOC with networking issues as the Tier III level support.
13. Server network configuration and troubleshooting.
14. Manage administration of VMware environment, including VLAN creation and oversight.
15. Assist with supporting sales team from a technical perspective.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
1. Hands-on in-depth knowledge of implementing and configuring Cisco routers and switches, including Nexus devices. Network issue resolution and troubleshooting experience a must have skill.
2. In-depth knowledge and experience in routing and switching networks protocols (TCP-IP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP4, and VLAN’s ).
3. Experience with WAN technologies such as Metro Ethernet and MPLS.
4. VMware experience.
Must be a quick thinker and have the ability to work under pressure in creating access lists and re-routing traffic.
5. Strong Analytical and problem solving skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
16. 5 years demonstrated experience of managing and designing networks with enterprise customers.
17. CCNP or equivalent experience real world experience.
18. VMware Certified Professional a plus.
SherlockTalent Loves to Pay $500 referral fees!