Our client in Palm Beach Gardens is searching for a Jr. Software Engineer. The Jr. Software Engineer’s role is to code, test, and support software programs and applications. This includes reading and understanding software requirements specifications and software design specifications as well as modifying and authoring design specifications. The Jr. Software Engineer will also perform production support by troubleshooting and analyzing software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
• Perform troubleshooting and debugging
• Installation and configuration of software
• Create excellent code that meets the needs of the customer.
• Demonstrate technical creativity while maintaining standards and building within the specifications.
• Assist in planning phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
• Assist in the preparation and documentation of software specifications.
• Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
Formal Education & Certification
• College degree in computer science or software engineering, and/or 2 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• Working technical knowledge of programming languages, including C# and Visual Basic. C++, Java or Objective-C a plus.
• Experience with SQL and SQL Server database.
• Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
• Experience with XML
• Highly self motivated and directed.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Convey enthusiasm and positivity when taking new endeavors and ideas
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.