Our Miami based client is looking for a Jr–(2-4 yrs experience) SQL DBA-Developer for a temp to perm opportunity. You will be part of a team working in an Agile environment and will greatly enhance your DBA knowledge and experience. If you have experience with either Database Production or Development Support–then we’d like to talk to you.
Tasks will include:
• Tune SQL scripts for development teams based on best practices.
• Responsible for System monitoring, responding to alerts, and assuring that automated jobs complete successfully.
• Work with the DBA Team on performance tuning tasks.
• Work with DBA Team on creating and updating transactional databases using T-SQL scripts and other tools.
• Perform DB tests, conduct assessments, monitor performance, report results, and take corrective action when necessary.
• Comply with and enhance standards, policies, and procedures for DB design and development.
• Responsible for developing, maintaining and documenting current and new objects, to include objects such as jobs, tables, views, partitions, indexes, constraints, stored procedures, functions, etc.
• Perform SQL Server installations according to IPC database installation standards set by the DBA Team.
• Create and modify SQL agent jobs and schedules as needed.
• Ensure uniformity and stability in our DB working environment.
• Experience in working with medium to large scale relational databases.
• Experience with table partitioning and partition management techniques.
• Experience in working with virtual databases and clustered environments.
• Experience resolving performance issues in large scale database environments.
• Experience in performing database upgrades/patching.
• Ability to interact and communicate effectively using oral and written skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Should be self-motivated, goal orientated, quality driven, and capable of working independently.
• 2 + years of DB and SQL development experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Database production support and/or database development support required (1-3 years)
Required technical skills:
• DBMS – MS SQL 2005, MS SQL 2008
• ETL –MS SSIS (Integration Services), or equivalent
• T-SQL, ANSI SQL, scripting experience
• Other Tools – SQL Profiler, data extraction tools
• Data migration tools – SQL Tools, or other product tools for data migration.
Desired technical skills:
• Collaboration Tools – SharePoint, WIKI, Confluence
• Other Tools – Red Gate SQL Server Tools or similar Database Management Tools
• Database Modeling tools and design experience
• Microsoft Certified Database Administrator – MCDBA
• Microsoft Certified SQL DATABASE DEVELOPER – MCTS or MCITP
• ITIL Certification – V2 or V3
Referrals Welcome–SherlockTech is happy to pay a $500 bonus if your candidate is selected!