Our Miami based client is looking for a consultant in between assignments or someone in transition to assist with one of their ongoing projects.
The are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer with at least 5-7 years experience in the administration and support of server & network operations including Red Hat Linux Servers & Cisco Network infrastructure in two datacenters. You will be managing their critical payment processing platform. Responsibilities include maintaining system uptime & availability to support data center infrastructure and system operations to ensure that proper controls are in place.
• Deep understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, Linux, and Cisco routers, switches, and firewalls.
• Knowledge of monitoring applications and tools such as Tripwire, IDS/IPS, Splunk, Zenos, Nagios and SolarWinds.
• Experience with fault tolerant systems including clusters, fail over systems, Raid storage, SANs and volume management .
• Excellent ability to follow up with open items and ensure resolution of problems.
• Ability to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
• Strong ability to organize workload for effective implementation
• Excellent Communication and Presentation Skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing tasks and demands
• Should be self-motivated, goal orientated, quality driven, and capable of working independently
• Advanced knowledge of variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (MS Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel).
• Learn, support and aid in the design of the proprietary software products that run on our platform.
• Manage and maintain server build standards, and inventory information.
• Create, update, and maintain Server Operations policies and procedures as needed.
• Participate in all conference calls during critical outages and track remediation efforts.
• Function independently and recommend changes to day-to-day operations, standards, policies, and procedures to maintain support capabilities and team morale.
• Support various other IT teams who use the payment processing-platform with any issues or problems.
• Interact with IT Compliance to ensure proper controls have been implemented to protect sensitive company assets.
• Ensure proper upkeep of the server environment, including hardware refreshes and patching.
• Participate and maintain the ITIL- like change control process
• Experience with scripting languages like Groovy and Bash
• Experience with Java server applications on Linux
• Experience designing and managing VMware virtual server environments with products
• Experience with credit card processing and/or mission critical financial services operations
• Experience working on an Agile Scrum development team
• Experience with PCI and SOX controls
• Experience configuring and maintaining application interaction with database sources i.e. Teradata and SQL Server
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Redhat Certification a Plus!
Client will want to conduct an onsite interview for this assignment.