Our client, a hosting company, located in Miami is looking for a Technical Support Advisor with experience working on Linux platform to add to their team. This person will provide technical support to the customers whilst maintaining a high standard of customer service. The main functions to the role are split into two main categories:
· Customer Service Delivery
· Technical Team Participation
Customer Service Delivery
The main focus of this element is to provide a prompt response and problem resolution to all hosting customers. Therefore the overall application of customer service must be effective and efficient in order to achieve the main tasks associated with this element as listed below;
Service Level Agreement
· Maintain a professional approach to customers at all times whilst achieving time and quality measured targets.
· When instructed, carry out customers’ special request work such as installation of software, and scripting, to ensure they are completed within agreed timescales and on budget.
· Participate in ‘on-call’ provision and directly respond to customer queries accordingly, escalating to the on-call standby staff where appropriate.
· Provide ‘first point of contact’ service for customer technical issues by answering incoming telephone calls and emails effectively and efficiently.
· Build strong customer relations through good communications and problem solving.
· Resolve technical queries by telephone and email on a day to day basis.
· Provide ‘live chat’ problem solving and other customer communications.
· Inform customers of network changes and maintenance, and production server maintenance prior to implementation
· Raise tickets for all queries to enable reporting and tracking.
· Respond to tickets within 60 minutes of the query being logged.
· Update the ticket system before the end of shift
Technical Team Participation
The main focus of this element is to ensure a culture of team by carrying out the tasks as listed below:
· Ensure data on the wiki is kept up to date.
· Set up servers and customer accounts to a high standard, upgrading these when required.
· Actively participate in server audits.
· Attend the Data Centers to ensure servers are maintained.
· Ensure own work area is kept tidy.
· Take ownership of own workload, whilst being aware of the workload of colleagues in the technical and other departments of the business.
· Assist colleagues in resolving customer queries where necessary to ensure continuity of customer service.
· Highlight problem resolutions to colleagues and the Technical Manager where appropriate, to enable team understanding and development.
· Participate in team and individual development opportunities when they arise.
Technical Support Advisor is part of the team and as such must ensure all functions within the job description are carried out on a daily, weekly or as and when required basis.
Referrals Welcome! SherlockTech is happy to offer a $ 500 referral fee if your candidate is selected!