Our client, an international cable company, is searching for a Network Analyst for their Ft. Lauderdale area location.
The Network Analyst is responsible for the installation, layout, and maintenance of all LAN and WAN network components (Software and Hardware). Plan, design, analyze, and provide technical support for data communications network or group of networks. Conduct research and evaluation of network technology and recommend purchases of network equipment.
• Consult with users and evaluate requirements, recommend designs, provide cost analyses, plan projects, and coordinate tasks for installation of data networks.
• Analyze and resolve technical problems for established LAN or WAN networks.
• Plan, test, recommend, install and configure LAN or WAN networks, file server and workstation hardware and software.
• Provide LAN or WAN network documentation, training, and guidance to computing system clients and programmers.
• Serve as technical specialist in network problems and emergencies.
• Troubleshoot and resolve network production problems.
• Conduct technical research on network upgrades and components to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
• Recommend network solutions for short-, medium-, and long-range LAN or WAN network projects.
• Install, configure and maintain LAN and WAN network components.
• Determine plan layout for new hardware or modifications to existing layout.
• Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, directory structures, user access, security, software, and file services.
• Establish user profiles, user environments, directories, and security for networks being installed.
• Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as systems to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
• Work with vendors to resolve complex network problems.
• Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
• Document network problems and resolutions for future reference. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years of network experience.
2. Knowledge of company supported network platforms such as Unix, Linux and Windows NT.
3. Ability to design and coordinate the installation of data networks.
4. Ability to maintain and troubleshoot computer network hardware, software, and peripherals.
5. Ability to provide a range of systems training and/or support activities for users.
6. Ability to develop and write systems and applications documentation and guides for users.
7. Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
8. Ability to develop systems solutions for operational problems.
9. Ability to learn and support new or existing LAN and WAN network components.
10. Interpersonal skills needed to successfully work with users.
11. Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.