Our client, a large, international company in the oil & gas industry, is currently interviewing for an Incident & Problem Support Manager – this position is based in Houston, TX.
This role focuses on delivering and managing a suite of common processes and services for Enterprise Systems, based upon the ITIL framework- aiming to deliver a stable and highly reliable suite of applications, based mainly around the SAP application suite.
The Service Operations team is responsible for:
• The effective management of all problems, incidents, and events working closely with IBM and GOI to restore adversely impacted operations back to normal service as quickly as possible
• Assuring activities such as root cause analysis and trend analysis are performed over problems, incidents, and adverse events such that permanent fixes to problems, incidents, and negative events are found and implemented
• The central co-ordination of service requests, to ensure timely fulfilment and manage exceptions
• Monitoring compliance to corporate security policies and regulatory guidance with regards to user access and broader information security matters
• Coordinating with the Service Desk management team and outsourced Service Desk provider, collating and consolidating data to produce and communicate cohesive Service Reporting
The Incident & Problem Support Manager is responsible for the proactive management and measurement of incidents and problems within B&SS. This role reports directly to the Incident & Problem Process Manager.
• Responsible for contributing to the definition of the Incident and Problem processes
• Accountable for defining procedures and work instructions which support the end-to-end Incident and Problem processes and responsible for executing communication and training of the same to all stakeholders
• Responsible for operating the Incident and Problem processes effectively, by performing the Service Integrator role and ensuring that all resolver groups work closely together to provide a seamless, end-to-end service. A critical measure of success will be that service restoration appears to the end user as a single service line, delivered by ES
• Performs management escalation and communication to senior stakeholders in B&SS, IT&S and segment CIO as necessary
• Responsible for ensuring that all stakeholders perform within their stated service levels for the resolution of each particular incident and problem. Working with them to develop service improvement plans where this is not the case
• Responsible for engaging the appropriate Service SME to apply specific application and business process knowledge to contribute to and validate service restoration and problem resolution plans.) Responsible for identifying and validating the business impact of each major incident
• Responsible for validating all root cause analysis (RCA) reports within the respective LAG, ensuring that the true root cause has been correctly identified in each case. Ensuring that an appropriate permanent fix has been implemented to prevent repeat incidents
• Responsible for ensuring that proactive incident prevention (e.g. via trending) is performed on incidents occurring within the respective LAG, avoiding repeat incidents
• Responsible for performing management escalation and communication to senior stakeholder and segment CIO as necessary
• Responsible for collating, preparing and presenting Corrective Action Reviews (CARs) for each major incident within the appropriate LAG
• Provides central oversight of all SAP incidents (25,000) across 67 customer focused SAP systems that have a global customer base of 70,000 users
• Receives notification of all Priority 1s and 2s from Suppliers (IBM, GOI, ISDC, SAP, etc) and informs the relevant Service SME
• Undertakes periodic reviews of all Priority 3 and 4 incidents with the vendor (IBM, GOI, etc) to ensure timely resolution
• Co-ordinates the resolution of all problems, interfacing with resolver groups as necessary to ensure that actions are performed in a timely manner, such as all ES P1s have root cause analysis completed and documented within 28 days
• Contributes to the sizing and resource management of the Incident & Problem process using predicted business volumes
• Co-ordinates the activities of multiple resolution groups (IBM, GOI, ISDC, SAP, etc)To provide a 24/7 working service in addition to normal business hours
• Advocates the alignment of processes and team certifications to ITIL v3
• The role also ensures that services and service providers comply with standards and policies, including HSSE, security and regulatory requirements, and contributes to service continuity planning.
Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
Essential experience and job requirements:
• Extensive experience of applying the Incident & Problem processes. Can demonstrate a track record of delivering a silent running service management function supporting a number of significant business units in a complex multi-region multi-application environment.
• Must demonstrate a strong track record for delivering ITIL process management. Must have good in-depth SAP background and understanding. Can show significant SAP applications experience and in-depth knowledge of the challenges and opportunities presented in delivering applications management services in a global multi-instance SAP environment
• A broad technical understanding allied to strong process skills. Has more than a superficial understanding of SAP functional requirements, SAP technical requirements, infrastructure, and tools.
• Must be able to understand how to deploy the above effectively through clear understanding and experience of implementing incident and problem ITIL processes in a complex major corporation
• Able to demonstrate track record of implementing ITIL framework and processes with successful outcomes within a large scale global SAP/service management environment.
• ITIL foundation qualification
Desirable criteria & qualifications:
• ITIL intermediate level
Travel required Yes – up to 25%