Our S FL based client is the premier provider of customized purchasing and supply chain management services for selected businesses. They are looking to add an ETL / Data Warehouse Analyst responsible for the development of data extraction, transformation and load processes for new and existing customers. In this development capacity, the primary role will be to source, analyze, extract and apply sound technical practices to load data to the various corp data marts and databases. The ETL / Data Warehouse Analyst will take direction from the Sr. Director of Product Management and Data Services for functional / business tasks. Technical guidance will be provided by the Database and Data Warehouse team, where all architecture, best practices and implementation will be managed.
• Solid Database / Data Warehouse experience
– Extraction, transformation and loading systems (SSIS, Informatica, and/or Scripting Languages)
– BI tools and platforms
• Strong database development experience, 2-3 years
• Strong database management experience (Microsoft SQL Server 2005 / 2008), 2-3 years
• Strong SQL experience, working with complex databases, stored procedures, triggers, and queries for 2-3 years
• Solid understanding of data warehouse schemas (Snow Flakes and Star / Dimensional models)
• Experience with an Enterprise Data Modeling tool within a production environment
• Exposure to Netezza would be a plus
You will source data from POS-Business Operating systems
Work closely with IS Database and Data Warehouse team to apply functional and technical rules to load data to existing and/or new data stores
Develop complex and robust ETL processes to load data into new or existing data stores, to include but not limited to…
o Staging areas;
o Operational Data Store (ODS);
o Data Marts; and
o OLAP cubes
• Design, construct and support Corp databases, including OLAP data cubes, with SQL Server 2005, Integration Services
• Create and monitor data extraction tools to push data from Corp databases to create standard output files for client’s Data Sharing initiative
• Design, develop, test, and document extended stored procedures, triggers and SSIS packages to support the deployment and analysis of Corp initiatives
• Develop ETL solutions to acquire data from heterogeneous systems including flat files, XML, SQL databases, ODBC compliant data sources and deliver conformed data into DW structures
• Hands on experience with Data Warehouse/Data Mart projects running on SQL Server 2005/08, Netezza or other Enterprise scale relational databases
• Perform data scrubbing/integrity standards on large data sets with multiple and varied source formats (CSV, Tab/Comma Delimited, XML, etc.).
• Support from an ETL standpoint, multiple client databases running on SQL Server 2005/2008 or Netezza, with guidance from Database and Data Warehouse team
• Experience with database procedural languages/commercial ETL Tools/shell scripting /XML/ file transfer methods. ETL experience should include one of the following Enterprise level toolset:
o Informatica with PowerCenter (release 8 or higher)
o SSIS running in SQL Server 2005 or 2008
o IBM’s Data Stage
o Business Objects Data Integrator
• Solid working knowledge of multiple databases (Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, Netezza, etc.). Microsoft SQL 2005/2008 is mandatory; and exposure to Netezza would be a plus.
Must have 4 year degree.
Referrals Welcome! Sherlock is happy to offer a $ 500 referral bonus for any candidate selected.