Our client in Palm Beach Gardens is in need of a Software Engineer who’s role is to code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes reading and understanding software requirements specifications and software design specifications as well as modifying and authoring design specifications. The software engineer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
• Recognize and implement common software design patterns and follow established principles of software development (e.g. SOLID).
• Create excellent code that meets the needs of the customer.
• Demonstrate technical creativity while maintaining standards and building within the specifications.
• Assist in planning phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
• Assist in the preparation and documentation of software specifications.
• Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
Formal Education & Certification
• College degree in computer science or software engineering, and/or 4 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• Working technical knowledge of programming languages, including C# and Visual Basic. C++, Java or Objective-C a plus.
• Experience working with modern Microsoft frameworks, including .NET and related technologies such as WPF and Silverlight, WCF, Entity Framework and ASP.NET MVC.
• Hands on experience working in integrated development environments, including Visual Studio.
• Experience with SQL and SQL Server database.
• Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
• Familiarity with UML and agile software development methodologies as well as waterfall.
Referral Welcome!! Sherlock is happy to offer a $ 500 referral fee if your candidate is selected.