Our client in Palm Beach Gardens is searching for a senior software engineer whose role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The senior software engineer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
• Strong enterprise design skills – building systems for maintainability and growth.
• Create excellent code that meets the needs of the customer.
• Demonstrate technical creativity while maintaining standards and building within the specifications.
• Build technology as well as end-user prototypes to demonstrate concepts and direction.
• Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
• Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
• Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
• Research and document requirements of software users.
• Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
• Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
• Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
Formal Education & Certification
• College degree in computer science or software engineering, and/or 6 years equivalent work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• Working technical knowledge of programming languages, including C#, C++, Visual Basic. Java or Objective-C a plus.
• Experience working with modern Microsoft frameworks, including .NET and related technologies such as WPF and Silverlight, WCF, Entity Framework and ASP.NET MVC.
• Experience with iOS or Android mobile development a plus.
• Hands on experience working in integrated development environments, including Visual Studio.
• Extensive experience with SQL and SQL Server database.
• Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
• Familiarity with UML and agile software development methodologies as well as waterfall.
Referral Welcome!! Sherlock is happy to offer a $ 500 referral fee if your candidate is selected.