Miami based client, a leader in the retail industry, has developed their own payment processing platform. They are only the 2nd chain (1st being Walmart) to have this application.
Your role will be to up-grade & maintain this application providing 100% up-time.
They are a complete Agile (SCRUM) shop & you will follow many extreme programming principals: Test Driven Development (Test First), Collective Ownership, Pair Programming, Etc…
Experience with low-level concepts like TCP/IP sockets, multicast, serialization, Linux file systems, hard links, connection pooling, encryption, and multi-threaded concurrency is desired.
• Ability to design elegant solutions to complicated distributed computing challenges
• Take ownership of features, and drive them to completion
• Ability to work on different architectural layers (Web, Business Logic, Data Access)
• Ability to take high level requirements, review with stakeholders; design, develop, and test solutions
• Communicate status of work to teammates & hold them accountable to their commitments
• 5+ Years Groovy/Ruby/Java Development
• 1 Year of (Test Driven Development) TDD experience
• Experience on an Agile team
• Knowledge of Linux, TCP/IP, multicast, XML, Object serialization
• 2+ Years Groovy Development
• 1+ Years Linux shell scripting
• Familiarity with Java Concurrency and Native IO API’s
• Experience in NoSQL systems like Cassandra or MongoDB
• Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence, and Bamboo)
• Familiarity with PCI Security standards
Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent.
Sherlock loves to share a $500 referral bonuses!