Sr. Software Engineer – Commercial IT Team Development and Support activities for web based applications supported by the Custom Applications Group. Must be multi-faceted to handle different technologies and multiple priorities at any given time. Help drive design decisions and ensure all requirements are met before executing development efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist with support activities with application by working on help desk tickets assigned to the group for break/fix items.
* Prepares detailed technical design documents and estimates to help the business understand the level of effort involved with enhancement and project requests.
* Lead in program design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation; under general supervision, instruct, direct, and validate other software developers’ work; mentor and guide application developers and junior team members.
* As appropriate, may liaison with outside vendors to coordinate code development and acceptance.
* Design, execute, assess, and troubleshoot software programs and applications
* Develop efficient methods to reuse existing components.
* Determine how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, web interfaces, and hardware logic, possibly running on multiple platforms, integrate to meet new and emerging enterprise requirements.
* Strong leadership & communication skills to gain credibility with business leaders and stakeholders, and must possess the ability to work with other IT teams to ensure solid cross-functional decisions are made by the team.
* Bachelors of Computer Science
* 3-4 years of experience working with Websphere
* 7-10 years developing Java/J2EE web applications
* 2 years experience in .NET development
* 5 years experience with integrating to multiple databases in Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 and Informix via stored procedures and/or webservices
* Build applications on AIX
* Build applications on Windows
* Strong Communication skills when dealing with internal IT people as well as people from the business units
* Have had experience with integrating applications with web services, MQ, and Message Broker
* Strong experience in documenting technical specifications and working with Architects to document Architecture at the Hardware and Software level
* Have experience working with web portals for personalizing content and customizing user experience
Light travel to other corp offices
$500 candidate referral bonuses available