The Position: Our client is looking for a smart and motivated engineer at the architect level to help us design and implement the next generation of our Silverlight-based streaming clients, used by millions of our customers.
You are a senior engineer at the system architect level with a strong background in building consumer-facing software in a PC and Mac environment including experience with video playback on one or both of these platforms. You like to work hands-on and self-directed in a fast-paced, growing organization that gives you room to apply your expertise to solve big technical challenges. If you’re our ideal candidate, you will hold your own among a very demanding peer group. You have a deep conceptual understanding of video playback, Internet networking, UI frameworks and Windows/Mac platform idiosyncrasies, and you’re motivated and able to apply your expertise wisely to build a real business that is quite unlike others before. You know how to collect data and analyze it to guide your work. We expect that we will learn a lot from you, but you will also learn much from us.
Our client builds high performance, experienced and motivated teams. The organization is flat, process is minimal, and there’s an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out of everyday technical decisions. This position is in a group that will lead our client into the next decade of its success – the team that is building the next generation of streaming clients on a variety of target platforms. Challenges in our group never cease! Our client software relies on industry-leading adaptive streaming technology to deliver a great movie watching experience for a wide variety of customer profiles. Every day, we make technology decisions with far-reaching impact around internet networking, backend scalability, content security, process automation, etc. while we build the technological foundation of this new business.
• 10+ years of relevant software development experience, 5+ years in a technical leadership / architect role.
• Expert in OO design and implementation using C# or similar language.
• Expert in building video playback applications on PC and/or Mac.
• Demonstrated experience with Silverlight or WPF, including XAML and MVVM.
• Experience with mobile application platforms (e.g. Windows Phone 7) is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to present and publish your ideas (e.g. in form of open-source contributions, presentations, technical blog postings, or published books or papers) is a big plus.