Our client, a national Chain is looking for someone to provide POS Support for their New York State region. You MUST reside within the State but will be able to work remotely from your home office with travel to our locations on an as need basis. Most support can be done offsite. Any experience with Aloha POS systems is a strong plus. Excellent Interpersonal Skills a must.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, and/or 5+ years equivalent work experience.
• In-depth, hands-on knowledge of and experience with enterprise and desktop applications, including ERP, MS Office, MS Project.
• Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
• In-depth knowledge of Windows XP for POS, Windows XP Pro, and Windows Server 2003 operating systems
• Basic knowledge of LAN, TCP/IP, NetBIOS
• In-depth knowledge, hands-on experience with installation and configuration of Aloha POS systems on hardware and software levels
• Knowledge of Aloha Labor Scheduler, Delivery/Frequent Buyer, EDC, and/or Aloha Enterprise products is a plus
• Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley and PCI compliance requirements
• Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end user procedures.
• Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
• Experience with building and maintaining databases for query and problem tracking.
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Excellent written, oral, interpersonal, and presentational skills.
Install, configure, and support restaurant Point of Sales Systems.
• Perform POS application version upgrades.
• Perform POS application end-user training
• Create and deploy feedback mechanisms for end users. Analyze results, make recommendations for support process improvement, and implement changes.
• Field incoming problem tickets from end users to resolve application and software issues within the POS systems.
• Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
• Research, analyze, and implement changes required to satisfy the latest changes in PCI and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
• Maintain databases, perform menu and price changes within the POS systems.
• Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
• Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
• Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
• Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
• Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, end users, and unit leaders.
• Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
$500 candidate referral bonuses available