Our client is looking for a Sr level Network Engineer–You MUST have 3+ years experience managing servers in a small to medium environment. Candidates with Desktop experience only will not be considered. You MUST also have experience with networking including routers, switches, load balancers and subnetting–Strong Server Side Experience is a MUST– Not Desktop level, must have managed a larger amount of servers, not just a handful. (Cleint currently has over 75 servers at two locations)
The person should be a WINDOWS Engineer, not a Networking Engineer (Switches, routers, etc)
• 3+ years experience in small-medium size data centers managing servers
• Minimum 5+ years in a combination of Desktop/Server support.
• Demonstrated ability to follow structured processes and procedures
• Strong organizational and communication skills a MUST
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Ability to support multiple departments with a common infrastructure
• Ability to support multiple locations with different infrastructure
• Backups and Disaster Recovery
• Strong with Windows 2000 / 2003 Active Directory
• Good experience with Routers, switches, load balancers and firewalls
• Extensive experience with LANs and WANs
• Presenting IT configurations and concepts to Management
• Ensure security procedures are implemented and enforced
• Be on call 24/7 in a weekly rotation with the rest of the department
• This job requires after hours work for performing periodic maintenance
The Senior Engineer’s primary role is to ensure the highest level of availability of mission critical systems. Secondary roles are to provide overall support for the infrastructure and users as necessary to keep these systems available and efficient to enable users to perform their job duties.
The role involves planning of system changes, implementing and documenting the processes and procedures necessary to become a repeatable task and build supporting documents. The role will have a broad scope of equipment to support including but not limited to: Servers, Routers, Firewalls, Load Balancers, WAN circuits, Network Switches, PBX System and End User Desktop PC’s.
The role works closely with other IT staff members and IT Management to provide efficient and effective systems and processes amongst team members and other departments. This role will also help define and implement IT policies, procedures, and best practices following ITIL guidelines.
The Senior Network/Systems Engineer must have a minimum of 5 years experience with Windows Network administration, support, troubleshooting, and design. Tasks include hardware/software installation, performing backups, system configuration, and network administration. Plan for and maintain networks, storage, upgrades, and virus definitions; create and maintain user accounts. Be responsible for network security, system recovery and system troubleshooting. Must be able to work in a team environment with engineering and other system administrators. Familiarity with Active Directory, Exchange, Symantec Backup Exec are desired. Understand and upkeep of Cisco Network Switches and Routers, Network servers and operations, hardware/software maintenance.
The following experience is not necessary but would be a plus:
• Managing websites using IIS 6.0 and higher
• HP DL3xx Series
• Cisco 29xx & 35xx Switches
• HP Blade Switches
• EMC Celerra SAN
$500 candidate referral bonuses available