Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
System Administrator (VMWare)
Your next Title: Systems Administrator
Job type: Contract to Hire
Your next Location: Miami, FL
Our client is seeking a highly motivated Systems Administrator. The System Administrator’s role involves documentation, software updates and installation, configuration, deployment, and maintenance procedures. The position also involves assisting with the administration of server systems, backing up & monitoring system availability.
- The ability to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals and teams
- Strong written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment and have the ability to prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Handle multiple tasks and projects with various and changing levels of priority
- Dependable, self-motivated, organized, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service focus and sense of urgency
- Availability to work irregular hours and on call rotation to meet business requirements
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills for efficient troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of networking protocols including and not limited to: TCP/IP, DHCP, SMTP, FTP, SFTP, SSH, OSPF, VLANs, WiFi,
- Strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft technologies including: Windows Server, RDS, IIS, Exchange, Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Investigates, Troubleshoots, and Documents any changes performed on network infrastructure.
- Prepares documentation for the purpose of providing written reference and /or conveying information.
- Knowledge and understanding of VoIP technologies.
- Strong understating of virtualization technologies: VMware
- Enterprise Anti-Virus and update/patch management
- Scripting languages for systems management
- Firewall and Security Knowledge
- Group Policy and Active Directory
- Understanding of RDBMS technologies is a plus: Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related discipline with at least 1-2 years of experience OR at least 4 years of equivalent experience is required.
- The following certifications are desired but not required:
- A+/N+/Security + – CompTia Certifications
- MCSA – Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator
- MCSE – Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
- CCNA – Cisco Certified Network Associate
- VCP – Vmware Certified Professional
SherlockTalent loves to share $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No H1 Visas."