The Senior Network Engineer will be responsible for the technical routing, switching, and load balancing. They will also be responsible operational network authority for the Production, Development and Maintaining corporate networks. The Senior Network Engineer will also work closely with the Systems and Application teams as well as the Network Operations Center to support the business needs of the company. This person is organized, efficient, and knowledgeable with Cisco, LAN, WAN, Firewall, and VPN design and implementation. They must be able to work with limited supervision. The candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Strong Service Level Agreement (SLA) responsibilities and strict change control are synonymous with this role. The individual we seek enjoys handling complicated challenges of all sizes and finds reward in helping businesses make the most of their technology. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, independent, detail oriented and resourceful with impeccable communication and time management skills. They are a collaborative team player and has strong problem-solving skills.
- Responsible for all aspects of the planning, engineering, implementation and support of the local area networks (LANs) and Customer Connection Interfaces (CCIs) across the organization to ensure the stability of all voice, data, video, and wireless network services.
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors in support of meeting and exceeding contractual obligations.
- Establish and implement best-practice standards as well as departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage multiple high priority initiatives in a fast-paced highly technical environment.
- Responsible for troubleshooting issues and issue management throughout the network environment.
- Responsible for identifying problem areas in a proactive way and developing solutions to meet the challenges in the converged network environment.
- Responsible for ensuring the security of the network working with the security team to ensure the highest standards of security are obtained.
- Guide product selection, proof of concepts, and implementation of network solutions that meet customer and future business requirements
- Actively improve network performance by gathering, prioritizing information, and managing projects.
- Develop proper capacity plans to ensure appropriate bandwidth, latency, redundancy and availability.
- Maintain standards and best practices for network tool set environments with a focus on Fault Management and Capacity/Performance Monitoring tools.
- Responsible for the design, install, configuration, and lifecycle management of all Network devices. [Load Balancers, Routers, Switches, VoIP Phone Systems, Firewalls]
- Maintain, configure, and troubleshoot networks servicing over 20 million + email & portal subscribers across a global service delivery infrastructure.
- Actively participate in the architecture and installation of carrier class solutions with Information Technology, Engineering, & Systems teams.
- Validate network capacity, performance, and uptime to Sr. Management, Clients, and Vendors.
- Must have 24×7 availability to meet contractual SLAs of uptime.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years of professional work experience with LAN, WAN, and VPN design and implementation, network capacity planning
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- CCNP, CCDP, CCIE or equivalent certifications strongly preferred.
- Solid process skills with an understanding of change control processes and managing critical production environments.
- Strict attention-to-detail based work ethic