Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Manager of IT Operations
Your next title: Manager of IT Operations
Your next Location: Miramar, FL
Job Type: Permanent
Have you ever managed and directed the following functions of the IT Operating Model: Technology Architecture; Data Center Operations (both on and off-premise/hosted); Systems Management; Network Management; Help Desk/Support Services; Database Management; Technology Standards; Technical Risk Management, Security Strategy; Compliance and Data Security? If so, this opportunity is for you.
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Manage the activities associated with the IT server, storage, and network infrastructure, including hardware and operating systems.
- Develop and implement an enterprise-wide information technology disaster recovery plan.
- Provide 24 x 7 monitoring of critical IT components to include all infrastructure, platforms, networks, applications and interfaces.
- Monitor and manage system/network performance and provide capacity management to ensure provided services operate at peak efficiency at all times.
- Provide Tier 2 / Tier 3 support for IT infrastructure (in conjunction with hosting partners).
- Maintain all infrastructure components at provisioned data centers.
- Design and deploy all telecommunications wiring throughout all the company’s facilities.
- Deploy, manage and maintain Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory and other baseline technology services.
- Design, deploy and maintain network security infrastructure to meet IT security and compliance defined goals and objectives.
- Develop proper capacity plans to ensure appropriate bandwidth, latency, and availability of the company.
- Ensure compliance with all infrastructure vendor licensing requirements.
- Lead the IT department in operational planning operational related projects, and organize and negotiate the allocation of IT operational resources.
- Ensure the efficient utilization of IT resources – including personnel and equipment – across the operations organization.
- Develop and implement maintenance schedules for network and systems equipment.
- Analyze all reports and documentation related to network and systems operations, and make recommendations for revisions, as appropriate.
- Develop and implement all functional policies and procedures, including those for network architecture, standards, purchasing, and service provision.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade, and support of provisioned IT systems, including networks, data centers, servers, operating systems and associated hardware.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
This is what we require:
- Bachelor degree in computer science or related field of study.
- 10+ years in Information Technology/Engineering, with a minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
- Retail industry experience preferable.
- IT asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Knowledge of current protocols and standards, including TCP/IP, SMTP, CLI, DOS, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, SNMP, DNS, LDAP, iOS, Subnet, IP, NTFS, FAT, FAT32,
- Conversant with programming languages such as .xls, .xlsx, .mdb, sql, MySQL, .NET, Powershell
- Experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) constructs
- Application support experience with ERP, CRM, BI tools, POS, SharePoint, Project Management Tools
- Systems support experience on VMWare, Redgate backup tools, VEEAM Backup.
- Experience in building and managing large Mission Critical, 7x24x365 operational systems, data centers and infrastructure
- Proven Leadership experience
- Ability to interpret technology and market trends as a foundation for roadmaps.
- Direct and administrate a contingent of network analysts and technicians, and where necessary, conduct performance reviews and corrective action.
- Exceptional knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement accomplishments.
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting hardware.
This will be considered a big plus:
- Azure environment management a plus.
SherlockTalent loves to share $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No H1 Visas."