Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Our Client in Broward is seeking a Junior DevOps Engineer who values innovation and technology to join their engineering team. The qualified candidate must have a provable track record of supporting mission-critical applications in a production setting. Experience with monitoring and diagnostic tools to rapidly isolate and resolve production issues are a must. Process automation skills and inclination towards open source technology is highly desirable.
This role requires direct interactions with business users, external partners, Application Development, QA and PMO. Effective communications skills are critical. A solid understanding of the Application Life Management processes is a plus.
- Provide production support for custom written and applications running on Windows-based systems with IIS and SQL Server
- Assist with production releases and hot-fix deployments
- Build and maintain application servers in production and lower environments
- Support application development and QA teams as needed
- Use automation wherever possible to eliminate manual tasks and repetition
- Research and implement innovative technologies to enhance current processes and performance
- Participate in product design sessions with application and infrastructure architects to ensure decisions meet long term strategies and needs
- Create and maintain system documentation
- Participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation
- 3-5 years of production web application support
- Strong operations background with knowledge of server virtualization, cloud infrastructure, network protocols, network operating systems, load-balancing and high availability systems
- In depth experience troubleshooting full stack implementations from client to backend systems with tools such as Network Monitoring, APMs, Log Parsers and Web Debuggers
- Strong understanding of infrastructure technologies and application protocols
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WINS Services
- HTTP, SSL, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, Telnet, SSH
- Ability to design and implement process automation using PowerShell and other scripting tools
- Basic understanding of ALM and release management processes
- Familiarity with coding standards such as MVC, client-side frameworks (Angular JS/jQuery), asynchronous programming, web APIs, SOA, SQL and mobile clients
- Bachelor’s degree in technology or equivalent job experience
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Certification preferred
- Windows Azure
- IIS, ASP.net 4x, .Net Core
- Server 2008 R2, Server 2012 R2
- SharePoint, SharePoint Online
- SQL 2008, SQL 2014
- Microsoft Orchestrator
- Microsoft SCOM
SherlockTalent loves to share $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No H1 Visas."