Email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Our Broward based client is seeking a DevOps Engineer to be the foundation between development, QA and operations by facilitating the flow of application development and automating the process, while collaborating with the teams to ensure smooth delivery of software from concept to production. The DevOps Engineer is responsible for providing full application life cycle and deployment support and automation including infrastructure automation.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of DevOps, the best practices, and associated technologies. Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is required.
- Develop or assist in developing deployment and infrastructure automation solutions
- Build tools and critical infrastructures that support the business’ technology platforms
- Working closely with other technical teams in deployment and support production systems
- Develop automated scripts for building and deploying QA and production environments
- Develops and maintains data warehouse systems, including ETL processes and programs
- Installs, configures, administers, and maintains databases systems on multiple platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 8+ years of experience in IT systems or applications development
- Proven and successful experience developing large scale software solutions in more than one language (Java a huge plus)
- Proficient in creating scripts to automate processes using Python, Bash, PowerShell and others
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps with strong understanding of DevOps practices and tools
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code in AWS environment, especially with AWS Cloud Formation
- Strong understanding of AWS services and proficient with AWS CLI
- Good understanding of event-driven-scaling, infrastructure automation solutions and tools
- Working knowledge of version control techniques and tools, such as, subversion and/or Git
- Experienced in both Windows and Linux system administration. Ability to install software on Linux systems
- Strong understanding of network and network security.
- Experience with data access and database connectivity tools and techniques.
- Experience with SQL (SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL) and NoSQL Database Systems.
- Good understanding of software development methodologies and best practices.
- Experience with Scrum or Kanban Agile methodologies a plus
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent communication skills with ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical personals.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills with acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
- Experience with data warehouse, advanced analytics, and big data solutions a plus.
- Experience with dimensional modeling and ETL techniques, tools, and best practices a plus.
SherlockTalent loves to share $500 referral bonus!