Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Our Broward based client is seeking a Cloud Engineer who is responsible for Capacity Planning, Performance Monitoring & Tuning of the entire infrastructure with a heavy focus on Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS). This role will support the engineering efforts for corporate cloud data center and infrastructure technologies as well as mentor, train, and lead fellow team members and peers through design and implementation decisions to achieve balance between strategic design and tactical needs.
- Planning Implementing and support of the Microsoft Exchange / O365 Messaging Hybrid infrastructure
- Communicates changes through established Change Control Process
- Coordinates/Updates Disaster Recovery Procedures
- Working administrative knowledge of several core Microsoft applications (Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS/DFS-R)
- Provide assessment, design, execution and project management of key infrastructure related initiatives
- Designing server system and storage solutions that will balance business goals, resources and security.
- Design and implement architectural roadmaps regarding the data center Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) architecture.
- Develop processes and best practices regarding (IaaS).
- Participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment, security, and high availability in the cloud.
- Recommend architecture to meet business requirements.
- Troubleshoot production issues and respond to after-hours escalations
- 24/7 operational support of environment with a rotating on call pager
- Provide liaison support between various operating departments and their support staff
- Documents system layouts and schematics
- Ensure Management Tools are working on servers: Monitoring, Virus, Systems Management, and Backup Agents
- Prepares and Performs capacity management trend analysis using a variety of reporting tools
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information sciences or related focus
- Minimum 6 to 10 years of infrastructure experience
- Strong hands on experience with a cloud provider with Azure or AWS
- Expertise in storage design for high availability and disaster recovery
- Expertise in Linux operating systems (Red Hat)
- Expertise in Windows operating systems
- Expertise in Virtualization technology such as VMware and Hyper-V
- Must have balanced systems engineering background supporting Active Directory, DNS, Messaging & Backup
- Create automated processes using languages and frameworks such as PowerShell, Puppet or Chef
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills