Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Cloud Systems Engineer (AWS)
Title: Cloud Systems Engineer
Location: Boca Raton, FL
SherlockTalent is looking for a talented AWS Systems Engineer who will be in charge of supporting application infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining strict production SLAs of a custom distributed application running on AWS cloud infrastructure, monitoring, alerting, incident management, SOP, capacity planning, change management, security, and overall platform stability and improvement.
The candidate must have a deep technical understanding of Linux operating systems, strong experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), advanced scripting skills, experience with variety of monitoring solutions, deep understanding of network communications and excellent troubleshooting skills.
- The Ideal candidate will generate KPIs for service availability, uptime, and adherence to SOPs, and SLAs.
- He/She will maintain, monitor, and improve the performance and availability of the 24×7 production environment including networks, servers, databases, etc.
- They must be willing to participate in on-call rotation and provide hands-on support during emergencies, outages, and service transitions.
- Define and monitor compliance to production environment SLAs.
- Participate in creating long-term and short term strategies for scaling the production environment.
- Adhere to a comprehensive incident management program including problem management.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering
- Strong experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, ECS, S3, etc.)
- Strong experience with Linux server administration
- At least basic Windows server administration skills
- Strong scripting skills (Bash, Perl, Python) with the ability to develop ad hoc tools at scale.
- Deep technical knowledge of several monitoring and analytics tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Sumologic, Datadog
- Experience with Docker, Vagrant, Ansible, Chef, Puppet is a plus
- Strong Experience with distributed web application architectures
- Experience supporting NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Redis, Aerospike
- Experience building/maintenance system monitoring and backup strategies
- Experience maintaining a secure production environment
- Experience with release/build/deployment management
- Deep understanding of 24×7 production operations and SLA development
- Over 5 + years’ of experience in 24×7 production operations
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."