Apply for Job - Network Engineer #3245
Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Job ID: 3245
We are seeking a Network Engineer to act as a subject matter expert for all Network Infrastructure and Operations Support for the networking environment. The Network Engineer will interact with all levels of technical and business entities, manage external vendors and facilitate a reliable network environment.
The Network Engineer's role is to ensure the stability and integrity of data, video, VOIP and wireless network services. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing LAN/WAN’s, VPN’s, Firewalls, IDS and NAC across the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with management and department leaders to assess, design, and implement short and long-term strategic plans to make certain network capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Plan, acquire, and install of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization's network.
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- Develop and deploy methodologies for testing network performance and providing network performance statistics and reports.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures, and associated job aids for network resource administration, operation, acceptable use, and technology recovery.
- Collaborate on disaster recovery planning and testing to identify gaps, corrective action and risk options.
- Available 24×7 to provide support as needed.
- Responsible for participating in quality assurance, compliance and in-service and continuing education activities as requested by Company.
Education, Certifications and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information systems or Electrical Engineering Technology with five plus years' experience, AS degree with seven plus years' experience or High School Diploma with nine plus years' experience.
- 5 years minimum experience, 3 years supporting mid-size to large enterprise data networks.
- Extensive experience in managing Cisco firewalls, routers, and switches.
- Advanced knowledge of LAN/WAN concepts, practices and protocols.
- Enhanced understanding of ITIL foundations.
- Enhanced knowledge of HIPAA and PCI.
- CCNA, CCNP Certifications or equivalent experience required
- Other Cisco certifications (CCDP/CCSP/CCIE R&S and Security) are a plus.