Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Microsoft Systems Engineer
Experienced Microsoft Engineer needed!
The Microsoft Engineer provides Subject Matter Expertise for cloud technologies during implementation and escalation support to clients either remotely or onsite. This role is to ensure industry best practices and methodologies are applied to the design and implementation of customer environments as it relates to Microsoft technologies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work on detailed and complex projects integrating multiple technologies across multiple disciplines, as part of a team of engineers.
- Meet with customers via remote methods to discuss needs of the business, develop technical solution to address the need, and implement solutions via remote means.
- Maintain a deep technical knowledge of Microsoft data center technologies including Office 365, Azure, and Windows Servers.
- Attend training to maintain current knowledge of network, storage, virtualization, cloud and general data center technologies.
- Maintain technical certifications as assigned to ensure priority standing with business partners and customers.
This position involves billable hours handling customer projects, 90% of which is completed remotely. Some travel may be required.
Qualified candidates for the Microsoft Engineer role have a minimum of 3-5 years experience implementing enterprise level Microsoft data center and cloud solutions.
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies including O365 and Azure. Hands-on experience with MS Windows 2008/2012 Servers, Windows 7/8/10 including maintenance and support.
- Knowledge of network technologies including cabling topologies, firewalls, routers, switches, VPN, and interconnecting LAN/WAN communication protocols.
- Must be a team player and able to deal with clients one-on-one via verbal and written communication.
- MS Azure
- MS O365
- MS ADConnect
- MS EMS
- Windows Server and Active Directory, DNS
- Secure and redundant infrastructures, ie AV, firewalls, GPO, high-availability solutions
- Microsoft Exchange and email security/filtering solutions
- DR/BC infrastructure (on premise and cloud)
- NFS, SMB, FTP, SSH, IIS configuration
- Configure manage Microsoft Server Exchange 2003/2008R2/2012R2, with PowerShell expertise
- Remote Desktop Services or Citrix XenApp
- Site-to-site SSL and VPN configuration
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Microsoft MCSA/MCSE
- CCNA/CCDA is a plus
- MS SCCM expertise is a plus