Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
EDI and Database Developer
Job Title: EDI and Database Developer
Location: Miami, FL
Job Type: Permanent
SherlockTalent is actively looking for an EDI and Database Developer is responsible for managing and maintaining EDI documents, processes and specifications for all X12 Documents being exchanged with Trading Partners.
- Design, develop and maintain EDI systems, including data mapping, translation, and interfaces
- Coordinating relations with, and serving as a liaison, to internal users, trading partners, vendors and other external partners with respect to data interchange standards
- Performing system testing and quality control checks
- Manage all EDI-based transactions including system configuration
- Developing and maintaining EDI documentation, including mapping rules and data specifications.
- Work with PMO Manager to prepare and manage project backlog, active project plans, project issues and risks and issue remediation
- Assist business analysts in troubleshooting technical issues with standard or custom EDI programs and reports.
- Translate Business Requirements into Technical EDI Specifications.
- Maintain EDI account transaction activity along with Trading Partner
- Write complex SQL Queries to support business needs, while working with the Manager to maintain databases
- Database Administrator tasks in setting up centralized monitoring, executing scripts, applying patches and fixes, creating backup reports, status reports and performance monitoring.
- Create and support packages to solve business problems
- Work closely with Manager to design, develop and maintain Database systems across applications.
- Monitor databases on a daily basis to ensure optimal up-time and performance
- Create scripts to automatically monitor database processes and their dependencies
- Develop stored procedures, functions, and other business driven objects
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field and or 4-6 years equivalent work experience:
- Experience with developing and implementing X12 EDI documents (including but not limited to 810,820,832,846,850,855,856,844,867).
- 4+ years’ experience using ANSI ASC X12 standards, EDIFACT standards, Gentran Server or Gentran Integration Suite (GIS) — now known as Sterling Integrator (SI) software.
- Data and process flow modeling and documentation experience
- Database queries (SQL)
- Experience with SFTP, FTP, AS2 and VAN
- Knowledge of data extraction from databases and other systems
- Knowledge of loading complex datasets into databases
- Knowledge of database and application object management including DDL, table constraints and triggers, clusters, object storage allocation and tuning, indexing options and partitioning, etc.
- 2 years’ experience developing and writing SQL code
- 2 years’ experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- 2 years’ experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) a plus
- Excellent, proven organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time."