The Azure Solutions Architect reports to the Director, Services and will perform client billable implementation work as a SME for Azure and Azure related services.
- Contribute to the Pre-Sales, Design and Architecture of Statements of Work for Cloud Services with strong technical hands on experience with IaaS in Azure.
- Preform Billable Services contracts – 90% remote and 10& on location as required by the clients. Identify opportunities to innovate, extend and enhance service delivery in the cloud everywhere possible.
- Serves as escalation point for client support and troubleshooting, provides guidance and direction in resolution of escalated issues and/or complex production, application or system problems.
- Contribute to the managed services team by performing repeatable system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all resources, make recommendations and preform Azure optimization assessments.
- Create and maintain system documentation for client engagements including on-premise/cloud Visio diagrams with relevant detailed delivery documentation.
- Manage customer satisfaction through effectively communicating and managing customer expectations, deliver crisp work logs / documentation on delivery tasks.
- Contribute to the project plan and work closely with project management to maintain project schedules. Lead technical work sessions.
- Available to work multiple shifts/weekend and potential holidays as needed.
- Available to provide on-call support if required.
- Expert knowledge of Azure, EMS preferable.
- Experience working with Microsoft Identity technologies including Active Directory, Windows File Services, and Group Policies.
- Experience in administering Active Directory (AD) and GPO’s.
- Experience working in AD, ADFS, PKI in Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Experience working in DNS, DHCP, WINS, DFS, in a Windows 2012 landscape.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Forefront Identity Management, Microsoft Exchange, Quest Active Roles Server (ARS)
- Must have deep and thorough understanding of monitoring best practices, preferably with Microsoft System Center (SCCM/SCOM) understanding and experience.
- Extensive experience with infrastructure and server theories, principles and concepts; application infrastructure and standards; networking fundamentals; Windows; Physical Server architecture; Virtualization Technologies (e.g. VMware, HyperV) and LAN/WAN/Firewall/VPN network technologies.
- Develops, documents, and enforces the standards, security procedures, and controls for access to ensure integrity of the Windows Systems, Active Directory, and related systems.
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware and/or Microsoft technologies
- B.S. degree in a computer science, information technology, computer related discipline or 7+ years IT work experience in a global information technology infrastructure environment. Experience with cloud technology.
- Minimum 7 years overall IT experience with 3-5 years of experience working with Microsoft Identity technologies including Active Directory, Windows File Services, and Group Policies.
- Ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language for end users.
- Desired experience working in a fast-paced sales / services driven environment with a career track record of designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining business critical systems.
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills, strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, contractors, managers, 3rd parties, and customers as needed.