Or email your resume to [email protected]
Apply for this Job below or Call Us at 1-888-743-7782
Online Community Moderator
Job Title: Online Community Moderator
Location: Miami, FL
Job Type: Permanent
SherlockTalent is actively looking for an Online Community Moderator in Miami. Ideal candidate will facilitate the day-to-day operations of the web-based Learning Communities providing customer service support and serving as the primary point of contact for customers and vendors.
- Serves as a primary contact point for healthcare organizations and/or members by providing technical customer service support.
- Updates and maintains all records, spreadsheets, and databases associated with membership.
- Communicates general information to potential and existing customers via phone, email, web site, and in person at scheduled events proactively following up with existing and potential customers.
- Scans online postings, communications, and news feeds for politically sensitive or inappropriate communications used via the site.
- Facilitates membership contract processes generating invoices and following through the billing process.
- Reviews and moderates all user-generated content and user profiles.
- Engages members and fosters strong community spirit and contributes opportunities for community engagement.
- Reviews web site content and consults with appropriate persons or groups for edits and/or clarification as necessary.
- Tests, implements, and provides feedback on new applications, products, and/or information added to the Learning Communities.
- Collaborates with staff to facilitate posts, advertise, and register customers for web-based educational activities.
- Posts and collates post-educational activity surveys and shares results with staff as directed.
- Keeps abreast of current web-based industry standards, social media strategies, and trends in online communities.
- Identifies quality assurance opportunities for improvement of the online communities’ operations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Communications, Computer Science, Journalism, English, or Business or an equivalent level of professional experience in online communities, web content management, and/or social media
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience heavily involved with an online community, web content management, and/or social media venues
- Must have demonstrated experience with concurrent task coordination with attention to detail
- Direct customer service/customer support experience
- Demonstrated experience with a variety of databases, webinar technology, web content management systems and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and LinkedIn)
- Strong organizational and administrative skills to prioritize coordinate, and follow-through on multiple complex tasks and projects concurrently within defined timeframe
- Detail oriented, with ability to create and manage complex spreadsheets and/or databases
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Superior customer service and teamwork skills and abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; excellent web-based communication skills
- Requires discretion in managing confidential information
- Ability to work both independently and in team-oriented environments
- Knowledge of web industry trends, technology, and social media
- Ability to travel by air or motor vehicle as required. Ability to attend conferences with overnight stay as required
- Experience in managing online discussion boards a plus
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
"U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor