In this role the successful IT Project Manager will apply project management expertise in one or more IT disciplines specifically in Research IT, Education IT and Agile/Scrum application development. The candidate is responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project-oriented work efforts. This candidate should be able to receive general direction and work with a team. Ideal candidate will have experience in SDLC within a marketing environment.
- Manage all aspects of technology project management and project lifecycles by effectively initiating, planning, executing and controlling multiple high consequence, high priority projects at the same time.
- Create and maintain project schedules. Identify and monitor overall project timeline, project milestones, tasks, resources, task dependencies, and critical paths.
- Responsible for utilizing project management methods, standards, project integration as well as the coordination of all internal and external resources required to complete assigned projects.
- Develops project plans based on specifications provided by the business team and manages effective execution of the initiatives.
- Brokers processes across departments and business units on behalf of the business area represented.
- Provides overall financial direction for the projects to manage the development of budgets, controls and measurements to monitor project progress.
- Anticipate and identify risks and issues that may impact timeline, deliverables and service quality. Develop, communicate and implement mitigation plan and corrective actions.
- Participates in identifying project costs, resource allocation, project schedule changes and issue escalation.
- Frequently interacts with business staff including IT, vendors, consultants and other contractors.
- Conduct regular team status meetings and stakeholders meetings. Communicate with different levels of the IT staff and leadership teams by providing program/project status and executive reports.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Must have a BA/BS degree and 7 or more years of experience.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools such as those defined by Project Management Institute (PMI) and included in Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK); this should include knowledge and use of resource management practices and change management techniques.
- PMP preferred
- Marketing or Agency industry experience a plus!
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.”