SherlockTalent is looking for a Cisco Network Engineer for a world class technology organization striving to bring best-of-breed payment processing solutions to the more than 300 financial institutions that are already clients.
The Ideal Candidate will have experience working with Cisco Firewalls, as well as Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches (Cisco ACI experience is a plus).
- Configure and setup Firewalls, VPN and Security appliances for access to vital business applications (specifically Cisco ASA firewalls, Catalyst switches, Nexus switches, and Cisco routers).
- Design of multi-server environments (including VMWare) including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, and Port Channels etc.
- Configure and install client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Managing vendor relationships.
- Provide technical assistance to internal and external clients.
- Troubleshoot network hardware, software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 4 years of experience in systems administration. If no degree, additional job experience will be considered.
- Three or more years direct working experience as a Mid-or-Senior Level Network or Systems Engineer.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Have a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking (LAN) and Wide Area Networking (WAN).
- Previous work experience administering/supporting LAN/WAN environments.
- In-depth working knowledge of Firewalls, Routers & Switches.
- Specific in-depth working knowledge of Cisco Firewalls.
- Specific in-depth working knowledge of Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches.
- Specific in-depth working knowledge of Cisco ACI is a plus.
- Specific in-depth working knowledge of VMWare is a plus.
- Cisco Certs Would be a Plus
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE certification) Huge Plus!
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.