Miami-Dade County Public Schools has a new Summer Youth Internship Program sponsored by Miami-Dade County and the Children’s Trust who will cover the wages/pay if you hire a high school senior for an internship.
The suggested schedule is 40 hours full-time or 30 hours part-time The internship must run June 27th – August 1st. There is no liability for the employer as all interns are required to obtain student accident insurance.
Student Population: From the academies of hospitality and tourism, finance, information technology, engineering and health sciences and additional career and technical education programs.
Schools: High schools throughout Miami-Dade County
Method of Payment: Students will receive 3 payments
* 1st day on the job $106 to cover incidentals and metro passes
* 2nd payment week 3 $579 (stipend)
* 3rd payment week 5 $635 (stipend plus metro passes)
Supervision: A workplace supervisor from the employing organization will evaluate the intern twice during the internship and a M-DCPS teacher supervisor will be assigned to the intern and will communicate twice with the workplace supervisor and inter (one on-site visit and one phone contact during the 5-week internship period)
Post you internship openings through – Miami.GetMyInterns.org
The Annual NAF Mega Student Industry Conference “Paving the Way to a Future Career” – is taking place at the Doubletree Convention Center on May 18, 2016.
1400 students will be able to view displays throughout breakfast and lunch. College/Company information will be advertised on the conference website (on College/Career Fair web page) and will receive mention in the conference program.
- Feature your college/company to over 1400 high school students
- Interview eligible students for internship or employment
- $250 Registration Fee for a Display Table (Friend of the Conference Sponsorship)
- Breakfast/lunch will be provided for one attendee at each display table.
Download Sponsorship Pledge Form
Download Career Fair Form
Or visit the Sign Up page to download Career Fair and Sponsorship forms
View the conference agenda