Congratulations to i2Labs and Proper John Music for the internship video featured on NBC6 News. In addition to working with the interns, i2Labs Richard Chance also provided space for an Entrepreneur start-up.
Just back from Naf Next, three of our NAF STEM programs received their banners at NAF Next and were announced as newly Distinguished Programs, they are:
- AOIT, G. Holmes Braddock Senior High
- AOIT, Miami Lakes Educational Center
- AOHS, Hialeah Gardens Senior High
Ana Medina, who graduated from Miami’s “G Holmes Braddock Senior High School” in 2012, was one of the three NAF Alumni Honoree Speakers at the Celebration Dinner at NAF Next.
An intern at the South Florida Educational Federal Credit Union, Ms. Medina is currently a software engineer for Uber.
Apply to this job
Our client in Palm Beach County is seeking a Microsoft Developer Evangelist. The Developer Evangelist will be the face of the company to the developer community and will spearhead community engagement, growth through evangelism, and platform adoption.
Our client’s target markets include marketing and engineering functions for some of the largest apps in the world and the platform processes nearly one-third of the world’s smartphone traffic.
If you are interested, here are some details to help you determine whether this is the right role for you.
- Be the Developer voice in relevant forums on topics of importance to the developer community
- Engage the developer community in authentic and fun ways
- Build and leverage strong champions throughout the developer community
- Be the lead contributor and “editor in chief” to technical sections of the company’s blog/thought leadership – highlighting technical achievements and innovations of the company and its customers that developers can leverage
- Be the voice of the developer for the product and marketing teams
- Represent our client at events and at key moments in sales cycle
- Further the understanding with the technical teams at key customers, creating advocates and champions
- Passion and curiosity for technology and mobile coupled with technical depth
- Deep understanding of the developer eco-system and various developer forums
- 3+ years of development experience as a developer
- 2+ years driving broad developer evangelism efforts; specific knowledge of mobile, platform or competing technologies
- Unparalleled communication and negotiation skills
- Understanding of the competitive products and how to differentiate product from its competitors
- Flexible work schedule and travel
Apply to this job
Senior Project Manager Technology, Project Management Office
An earned bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration/project management or related field from an accredited institution.
Minimum of seven (7) years, within the last twelve (12) years, of experience and/or training in a field related to the title of the position. Highly developed analytical skills as well as advanced oral and written communication skills. At least five (5) years documented experience in project management. Knowledge and theory of project management. Documented experience managing information technology projects.
PMI Certification or advanced degree in project management.
Director of Technology Planning & Policy or designee
Personnel as assigned
Provide coordinated direction for Information Technology initiatives by identifying, developing, and monitoring projects to ensure standardized project management practices, methods, and tools are being utilized to achieve desired performance standards and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Senior Project Manager, Technology, Project Management Office shall:
- Utilize superior communication and collaboration skills to facilitate, coordinate, manage and lead Information & Technology initiatives related to internal business or academic applications and/or infrastructure related projects while embracing and evangelizing the Project Management Office (PMO) methodology, policies, and procedures.
- Develop individual project plans and project schedules to ensure performance measures, customer satisfaction, and scope requirements are identified as part of the project implementation plan. Involves coordinating people resources to manage projects for unit directors.
- Improve resource management by coordinating and maintaining service level agreements.
- Experience in a centralized PMO where the focus is simultaneously on Portfolio, Program and Project efforts.
- Serve as liaison to other divisions and/or administrators by coordinating user business needs and technology requirements with project management methodologies.
- Ensure effective management of project resources by coordinating, maintaining, forecasting and managing projects and developing assigned staff through ongoing performance management.
- Demonstrate managerial initiative in identifying and mitigating potential risks or issues to the project management initiatives.
- Ensure continuous process improvement by utilizing Project Management Office (PMO) software, processes and methodologies such as in-depth work analyses and flow charts to ensure successful delivery of project management (PM) results.
- Work with internal and/or external customers to develop project scope, project plans, and project schedule documents. Prepare project status reports as necessary.
- Assigns, schedules, and monitors project work to ensure progress is within specified guidelines and requirements and is completed on time and within budget; mentor and provide expertise to other project team members.
- Identify, track, and monitor project issues and risks. Work to facilitate and develop solutions with customers.
- Organize and conduct project team meetings as necessary.
- Perform and promote all activities in compliance with equal employment and non-discrimination policies of the School Board of Broward County, Fl.
- Participate successfully in the training programs offered to increase the individual’s skill and proficiency related to the assignments job responsibilities.
- Seek out and review current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibilities.
- Ensure adherence to good safety procedures.
- Follow Federal and State laws, as well as School Board policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director, or designee.
SIGNIFICANT CONTACTS – frequency, contact, purpose, and desired end result: Communicates frequently with internal and external customers throughout the District, using tact and good judgment, to complete assigned projects.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
Apply to this job
Do you live and breathe DevOps? Do you love to automate? Do you have experience in Windows environment? We are looking for you!
Our client, a small, fast-moving and highly collaborative engineering team based in Ft. Lauderdale is looking for a Sr. DevOps Engineer to work side by side with the engineering, development and platform teams, to help manage the infrastructure in the Amazon Cloud.
- MUST have prior DevOps experience in a significant Web Environment, AWS strongly preferred
- MUST have fluent experience with git and the gitflow branching model
- MUST possess strong familiarity with Windows
- MUST have experience with continuous integration and delivery
- Proven ability of automating processes
- Design and architect innovative systems
- Demonstrated previous experience finding issues by conducting full stack diagnostics
- Improve and analyze continuously existing infrastructure
- On-call support
- Assist the development infrastructure for the engineering team
- Fluency with git and the gitflow branching methodologies
- Experience setting up or managing a continuous integration and delivery
- Additional administrative knowledge in C#, Python, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB, MSSQL, MySQL, RDS, SQS, Amazon AWS, Bamboo, JIRA, Confluence, Windows / RHEL / CentOS
- Proven experience building out and scaling production database systems and the infrastructure of a significant production application
- Previous experience administrating Unix/Linux/Windows servers
- Proven experience with systems and network security
- Must possess creative solutions to technical challenges.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar environment as DevOps.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a related field
Apply to this job
Do you love VB.NET and working in an Agile environment developing corporate business solutions to meet organizational deadlines and Sprint/Cycle dedications?
Our client in Broward is looking for ON-SITE ONLY VB.Net specialists for initial 6 month contracts to run, build and maintain their internal systems.
- Over 5-years of experience developing Console, Services, Win/Web Applications in VB.NET.
- Over 5-years of experience in SQL Server, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, SSIS and SSRS.
- Ability to design and implement complex algorithms to meet business needs.
- Experience with XML and creation and consuming of Web Services.
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery a plus.
- Experience working in Agile Environments with rapid changing requirements
- Experience with source control systems such as SVN, TFS, GitHub, Mercurial
- Work effectively with management, colleagues, PMO and business users.
- Excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to document Applications and Systems
- Experience with Outsystems, BizTalk, EDI and JIRA a plus.
- System Reporting and Ad- Hoc Reporting
- System Support
- Analysis and Design
- Testing and Deployment
Apply to this job
Our client located in Miramar, FL is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer who will be responsible for providing support to the IT Infrastructure team and the Business on all elements of the distributed computing environment including, WAN/LAN networks, servers and associated appliances including telephony, network security, data storage and backups, disaster recovery, and data monitoring. This includes participating in and time management of assigned projects and tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the daily activities of IT infrastructure team members including design, development, implementation, and support of IT technologies across all facilities.
- Monitors workload assigned work including help desk tickets assigned to the team, makes sure project tasks are progressing according to schedule, and tickets are addressed in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware and software problems, including end user desktop PCs and enterprise data servers.
- Assists in troubleshooting the telephony system(s) installed at all company locations
- Collaborates with other IT Infrastructure teams and staff to facilitate problem resolution, project definition and completion, and consistency and compliance to departmental standards and policies.
- Identify and resolve problems affecting messaging systems performance, efficiency, and availability in a timely manner.
- Define, test and where required perform system backups and recovery procedures to ensure full data retrieval.
Monitor and test system performance; provide statistics and reports.
- Manage servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
- Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
- Ensure that servers comply with established policies, standards, software licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines.
- Recommend and execute modifications to systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure system security.
- Review and deploy new service packs, hot fixes, system updates, and vendor-supplied patches to servers according to best practices.
- Set and administer server storage space allotments, resource reservations, and directory assistance.
- Conduct research on hardware and software in support of procurement and system development efforts.
- Works with infrastructure personnel to monitor volume, capacity, and bandwidth of existing network architecture to meet changing priorities and effectively manage growth in relation to telephony system(s)/infrastructure.
- Participate in the design and review of new telephony systems
- Review database performance and growth trends and provide recommendations for hardware sizing, server consolidation, clustering, storage, etc.
- Coordinates with change management team to ensure production release procedures are properly completed prior to implementation of changes in production.
- Joins the team in the development, maintenance, and testing of business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities and procedures associated with our IT infrastructure.
- Assists in the design, development, and implementation of security technologies to prevent, detect, and respond to internal and external security threats..
- Knowledge of current protocols and standards, including TCP/IP, SMTP, CLI, DOS, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, SNMP, DNS, LDAP, iOS, Subnet, IP, NTFS, FAT, FAT32,
- Conversant with programming languages such as .xls, .xlsx, .mdb, sql, .NET, MySQL, Powershell,
- Application support experience with ERP, CRM, BI tools, POS, SharePoint, Project Management Tools
- Systems support experience on VMWare, Redgate backup tools, VEEAM Backup.
- Azure environment management a plus.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or experience equivalent to education.
- Minimum of 5 yrs. IT experience with demonstrated experience working in collaborative IT teams.
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware and associated network equipment.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of telephony hardware and associated network equipment, and software
- In-depth understanding of client-server systems, wide-area networks, data storage systems, and data center operations.
- Working knowledge of server hardware. Experience with Cisco UCS and Dell blade systems desired.
- Demonstrated expertise supporting Microsoft technologies including Windows 2008/2010 Server, Active Directory, and SQL.
- Experience specifying, configuring, installing, and troubleshooting network routers and switches.
- Experience supporting Disaster Recovery Sites and related technologies.
- Documented technical training or certification in Microsoft, Cisco or other IT technologies highly desirable.
- General knowledge of firewalls, VPNs, is required.
SherlockTalent loves to share $500 referral bonus!