Join the SFTA and eMerge teams as we celebrate another successful eMerge Americas event!
- eMerge VIP Ticket holders get FREE Access! email [email protected] for details
- eMerge Summit ticket holders get Discounted Tickets
- SFTA Members $25, Non-members only $45!
Visit the 2016 Wine Down event Gallery!
Why you should attend!
- eMerge VIP ticket holders get FREE Access
- eMerge Summit ticket holders get Discounted Tickets
- Each ticket holder will receive 2 complimentary drinks coupons
- Additional drink coupons available for purchase.
- Raffle with really great prizes that you’ll want to WIN!
- Best networking opportunity North of 5th
- Enjoy a fabulous venue with easy access to Lincoln Rd. (in case you want to party all night)
About the SFTA
The South Florida Technology Alliance (SFTA) promotes the growth, success and awareness of the regional technology community. Through events, networking, programs and education, we provide south Florida’s technology-related companies, academic institutions, entrepreneurs, governments and related organizations with an active forum to grow the business of technology in our region. JOIN NOW
Become an individual member, a company member or a sponsor of an SFTA event today!
Please join us for another exciting fun social networking event as IAMCP hosts its monthly social at Tap 42 in Fort Lauderdale. Working with our fellow partner community yields success, IAMCP networking offers some of the best in the South Florida community. Come eat, drink and learn what’s new and exciting with Microsoft, and all our publisher, partner and manufacturer partners! See you soon for our May event!
Thank you, Brittany Brewer – IAMCP South Florida Chapter President
SQLSaturday is a free training event for Microsoft Data Platform professionals and those wanting to learn about SQL Server, Business Intelligence and Analytics. This event will be held on Jun 10 2017 at Nova Southeastern University, 3301 College Ave, Davie, Florida, 33314, United States
SQLSaturday is a training event for SQL Server professionals and those wanting to learn about SQL Server. Admittance to this event is free, and most costs are covered by donations and sponsorships. At some events you will have the option to pay for lunch at the time of registration. Please register soon as seating is limited, and let friends and colleagues know about the event.
More Information >
We appreciate you taking the time to consider sponsoring the South Florida SQLSaturday #627. We’ve put together some information that will tell you about our Sponsorship plans for this event and show you how your company will benefit from sponsoring us.
Think of a SQL Saturday as a one day conference. We bring in a lot of volunteer speakers, we have lunch on site and a dedicated area set up for our attendees to meet with our sponsors. We work hard to make our event a great experience for everyone, especially our sponsors who enable us to cover the working costs of this event. We’re expecting 500+ attendees at SQLSaturday – South Florida this year.
How Much Does It Cost To Be a Sponsor?
Sponsorship ranges from $500 to $2000 depending on the package you select, and we’re always willing to discuss custom solutions to meet your needs.
More information >
SherlockTalent subscribers, apply discount code “Sherlock50” for 50% off!
Digital Transformation | So Much More Than a Buzzword
Digital Transformation is one of the most pertinent topics for CIO’s, CMO’s, and CDO’s across the globe. Although few actually agree on what it is, Digital Transformation is essentially about establishing new relationships with your customers, employees, and other stakeholders in your business, and giving them the platforms, tools, and opportunities to achieve their desired outcomes.
It’s not just about transitioning your workflows to a digital platform, sharing information more easily across different arms of your organization, or IoT or the “cloud”. If you’re not evolving digitally, chances are you are falling behind your competitors.
Standing still is not an option.
What Challenges Are You Facing with Digital Transformation?
Join AAJ Technologies for an afternoon of Digital Transformation talk around how to re-establish and redefine the relationship between your business and your users, clients, customers, employees, partners or vendors. Truly understanding what it is your users are looking to purchase or do is core to Digital Transformation.
Learn from the experts, including Murray Izenwasser, Vice President of Digital Transformation at AAJ Technologies, and other real-world practitioners, as we take participants through an approach for Digital Transformation that brings IT and Marketing together, both focused on your customers, stakeholders, and your business.
In this forum you will:
- Understand what Digital Transformation is, what it isn’t, and how to tell the difference
- Discover methods used by organizations like yours that transformed their businesses after approaching the Digital Transformation divide, and successfully crossing over
- Take away valuable strategies and practical advice you can apply immediately within your organization
- Interact and network with other professionals who are facing similar issues
- Improve the current way you use digital transformation in order to help transform how you do business with your users and consumers
- Understand how to use the five pillars: Customer, Employees, Operations, Product, and Data.
1:00 – 1:30 – Registration, Coffee, and Networking
1:30 – 2:00 – Opening Remarks and Interactive Activity – Murray Izenwasser, AAJ VP Digital Transformation – “Setting the Digital Transformation Stage”
2:00 – 2:30 – Randy Rosenthal, Founding Partner, Tricycle Studios – “Alternative Storytelling To Drive Revenue”
2:30 – 3:00 – David Rogers, Author of “The Digital Transformation Playbook” – “The Digital Transformation Playbook: Rethink Your Business for the Digital Age”
3:00 – 3:15 – Break
3:15 – 3:45 – Stefan Tornquist, VP Research, Econsultancy – “Fear Kills Transformation – Overcoming the Human Resistance to Change”
3:45 – 4:15 – Bunny Ellerin, Professor, Columbia Business School – “Moving Beyond the Digital Health Hype and into Real-World Practice”
4:15 – 5:00 – Cal Austin, Lead Instigator Global Innovation, Pfizer – “Power to the People: The Role of Humans in Corporate Innovation”
5:00 – 5:30 – Panel with the Speakers – Discussing Your Top Digital Transformation Concerns
5:30 – 6:30 – Networking and Happy Hour – Complimentary drinks and appetizers and socializing
First 25 registered attendees will receive David Rogers’ book “Digital Transformation Playbook” as a gift from AAJ Technologies
Discover the brightest talent with SherlockTalent
The next opportunity has arrived. Come showcase your skills and meet us face-to-face at eMERGE AMERICAS. SherlockTalent is searching for the best and brightest potential hires. Click here
Click the link below to apply to participate in the 2017 Hiring Fair. Already an eMERGE AMERICAS sponsor/exhibitor? Please contact us at [email protected] for additional information. Click here
Apply to this job
QA Automation Engineer
Our client in Broward County is seeking a QA Automation Engineer that will be responsible for creating automation test scripts and independently driving the automation plan and execution for web and mobile applications. QA related activities also include front-end, back-end, integration, performance, and regression testing of various software solutions. Scope of testing will include internal applications including transactional web, mobile, application and social interaction channels across lines of business.
- Participate and analyze requirements during the requirements analysis phase of projects.
- Develop and execute automated test scripts using Selenium with C#, which will require programming in C#.Net and other scripting languages.
- Execute automated test suites and Analyze test results to identify options for improving the effectiveness of automated testing using MTM and on Azure.
- Develop custom Quality Assurance Metrics and reporting solutions using C#, SQL, XML, html, CSS.
- Work in a multi-environment automation test execution platform.
- Assist in implementing and maintaining a Continuous Integration Solution to integrate test suites into the test management system and custom test harnesses.
- Create, coordinate, and execute manual application test cases and test plan.
- Review functional specs and user stories to design test cases/scripts and test plans.
- Create and analyze test data.
- Complete work assignments and perform appropriate follow up to ensure that tasks are completed on time.
- Follow engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship to other team members.
- Collaboratively work with developers to implement test hooks for automation.
- Operate as a self-starter and possess the technical aptitude in troubleshooting both software and environment issues.
- Able to set product delivery goals and achieve scheduled deadlines.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and have the technical curiosity to dig deep into the root of complex issues between multiple software and system layers.
- 3+ years of experience in Selenium, QTP, Coded UI, Test Manager, Lab Manager, Appium etc for automation of Microsoft Web and Windows based Android/iOS apps.
- Progressive experience in developing and executing automated test automation framework with Selenium and C#.
- Well versed in automating web services paradigms such as REST and protocols such as HTTP.
- Experience working on web applications and/or web-based technologies.
- Proficient in multiple forms of test approaches for web/UI testing including functional, cross-browser compatibility, mobile, web service, and integration testing using manual and automated automation testing tools.
- Develop optimized automation scripts for regression testing with various data sources, environment variables, and configuration files and reusable user-defined functions.
- Proficient in UNIX/Linux environments and shell scripting.
- Proficient in basic SQL operations such as joins and views.
- Experience with SOAP, REST, RPC or other client-server API testing.
- Experience in TFS, JIRA, and Confluence a plus.
- Experience in Git or other source code management systems.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining test suite executions via Octopus, Jenkins or any other continuous integration tools.
- Experience executing test efforts using Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Test Manager, QTP (or equivalent products).
- Comfortable in AGILE development environments and cross-functional team structures.
- Experience with end-to-end SDLC, testing methodologies and test phases, including unit, assembly, system, integration, regression and performance testing.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Strong analytical abilities, troubleshooting skills, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability aptitude in logical and analytical thinking, as well as display strong problem solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent work experience.
- Prior programming work experience.
- Experience with ecommerce, retail, and financing is a plus
- Experience with performance engineering and load testing is a huge plus.
SherlockTalent loves to share $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No H1 Visas.”