Apply to this Job
Front End Developer
Top Tier, integrated Marketing firm in Fort Lauderdale, FL is looking for a creative Front-End Developer to join their team of curious, technology-driven professionals. The ideal candidate will be proficient in front-end technologies and have experience developing web-based applications.
- Collaborating with UX and UI designers on new sites.
- Integrating front-end designs with REST API services.
- WordPress themes, templates and custom systems.
- Automated browser testing, mobile device testing, email client testing.
- Quality Assurance Technical Reviews.
- HTML5 Animated Banners (Google WebDesigner or Adobe Animate).
- Responsive email templates; email broadcast tools.
- Evaluation of new front end and full-stack languages & techniques.
- Ability to work directly with client and team to build relationships.
- Balanced analytical and creative mindset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in an Agile, deadline-driven environment.
- History of developing web-based applications preferably used by the general public with high traffic volume.
- SOAP and REST Web Services
- MVC and OOP design patterns.
- Git or others Version Control systems
- Self-motivated and able to work in a small team with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Nice to have, but not required:
- BS in Computer Science degree (or similar degree)
- Animation & Video Editing
- PHP frameworks (Zend Framework 2+)
- Mobile Application Development Framework (React Native, Ionic, Appcelerator)
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux systems
Pizza and Drinks sponsored by SherlockTalent.
June’s event will be about learning and using Docker. We’ll learn about what Docker is. What “Containers” are.
What they CAN do and what they CAN’T. We’ll also learn what are they good for and why you should be learning it.
We’ll have a live coding presentation where we’ll use the app we’ve been building together on Node and we’ll get it working locally on our docker box. All setup from scratch. If we have time, we’ll spend some time showing you how to push it up to production using the “Cloud”. To come prepared, make sure to install docker in your laptop first.
Getting your Node App running in Docker
Calling all CIOs – Nominations now open!
We encourage you to either apply or nominate a CIO that they work with who is based in Miami-Dade, Broward or Palm Beach County. The deadline for completed applications is Friday, June 22, 2018.
The 2018 Technology Awards honors CIOs in South Florida and will reveal the rankings of the Fastest Growing Technology Companies in South Florida.
Joe takes you on an easy to understand journey of Blockchain technology. Blockchain is the basis of Cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum, Bitcoin etc., however, extends way beyond these as a framework for Smart Contracts.
Joe is just back from Build 2018 and will have all the latest on Azure BaaS.
Joe will demo the Azure Blockchain App Builder, which empowers organizations to focus on writing smart contracts to enable their business scenarios. Combined with the metadata associated with the smart contract, the App Builder generates an end-to-end Blockchain application.
Visit the Meetup Page or Contact [email protected]
About the GCUG:
The Gold Coast User Group (GCUG) is a “Community Driven” IT Professional and Developer Users Group. The Gold Coast is a South Florida Community that spans the Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Palm Beach Metropolitan areas. GCUG is the original and longest running IT Professional and Developer Users Group in this Community and has been instrumental in helping start many other Users Groups for over 25 years.
Blockchain as a Service (BaaS) – Build 2018 Recap