130K – 150K Plus 15% Bonus
We are seeking a Director of IT Operations to provide overall leadership, strategy, design, operations, planning, and direction of all information technology activities across all areas.
The candidate will need to develop a strategic vision, plan and implement the organization’s key priorities, strategy, and operations, be a get-it-done leader and a strategic thinker able to turn ideas into action.
The candidate will work to transition select infrastructure and other common IT services to a shared service organization. The candidate will then be responsible for all IT services delivered to the company, using the shared service organization as the primary service delivery function.
The candidate will have full responsibility for the global IT budget, cost management process, the integrity of corporate data, proprietary information, and related intellectual property through information security and access management.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Experience in healthcare, pharmaceutical or life science desired
- 10+ years of experience in an IT Operational leadership role with application, infrastructure and business support activities preferably in a pharmaceutical/manufacturing organization.
- Determine the direction and strategy for all information technology activities, including providing day-to-day leadership and management to the IT organization, ensuring that the IT architecture and platform fully complements and supports the strategic direction of the company.
- Up to 25% domestic travel to Southeastern US-based business centers as needed
- Determine the vision, strategy and operating philosophy for the IT organization with a business and customer focus to drive economies of scale and improve IT efficiency and effectiveness.
- Deliver application solutions with an emphasis on speed, flexibility, and efficiency that aligns with the business strategies and support the needs of internal customers through flawless execution.
- Maintain appropriate governance on technology initiatives as well as internal and external technology services.
- Lead all technology related Project Management activities, with insourced, outsourced and shared service resources.
- Direct company-wide systems architecture, general controls, standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection of information systems.
- Develop and maintains a company-wide business recovery plan to ensure timely and effective restoration of IT services in the event of a disaster.
- Direct, lead, and mentor IT Operations teams, including hiring, development, training, and developing metrics
- Manage a project portfolio following company project management office (PMO) standards and policy.
- Effectively implement and manage appropriate IT Governance processes that result in effective controls and a high degree of IT business alignment, security, and compliance.
- Develop key operational metrics and manage the department to these metrics.
- Identify emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated and introduced within the company.
- Develop, review and exercise backup and disaster recovery procedures and plans for critical business systems.
- Risk-assessment of company data and IT infrastructure; recommend and implement appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Provides operational and infrastructure assistance in the design and implementation of new applications and business solutions as well as changes to existing computer systems and infrastructure.
- Assist in the development, enhancement, and support of IT departmental policy and controls.