Apply to this job
SherlockTalent is looking for a Cisco Network Engineer for a world class technology organization striving to bring best-of-breed payment processing solutions to the more than 300 financial institutions that are already clients.
The Ideal Candidate will have experience working with Cisco Firewalls, as well as Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches (Cisco ACI experience is a plus).
- Configure and setup Firewalls, VPN and Security appliances for access to vital business applications (specifically Cisco ASA firewalls, Catalyst switches, Nexus switches, and Cisco routers).
- Design of multi-server environments (including VMWare) including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, and Port Channels etc.
- Configure and install client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
- Managing vendor relationships.
- Provide technical assistance to internal and external clients.
- Troubleshoot network hardware, software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 4 years of experience in systems administration. If no degree, additional job experience will be considered.
- Three or more years direct working experience as a Mid-or-Senior Level Network or Systems Engineer.
- Have a thorough understanding of the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Have a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking (LAN) and Wide Area Networking (WAN).
- Previous work experience administering/supporting LAN/WAN environments.
- In-depth working knowledge of Firewalls, Routers & Switches.
- Specific in-depth working knowledge of Cisco Firewalls.
- Specific in-depth working knowledge of Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches.
- Specific in-depth working knowledge of Cisco ACI is a plus.
- Specific in-depth working knowledge of VMWare is a plus.
- Cisco Certs Would be a Plus
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE certification) Huge Plus!
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
ITPalooza is South Florida’s Premier Technology Conference. Now in its 7th year, ITPalooza is the preeminent platform to drive business deals and forge valuable connections with local and regional tech professionals.
#1 Locally Produced Tech Event in the Region.
Whether you’re new to ITPalooza or you’ve been following us from the beginning (12/12/12) you’ll know that ITPalooza is all about our tech community. Every year we create a platform for our tech community to come together. We host speakers, vendors, user groups, VIPs and tech leaders from all over the region.
#2 Toys for Tots Contributor.
We’re also the 2nd largest contributor to the Marine Toys for Tots December Toy Drive. We achieve this by encouraging all ITPalooza attendees to bring a toy for our famous toy wall. We also offer FREE Toys For Tots Pledge Tickets (through October 31).
Here are some highlights for the past 6 editions of ITPalooza.
- 356 Speakers
- Over 400 local tech companies exhibited
- More than 7,000 companies represented
- $253,000 dollars in toys, fun, and cash raised for Toys for Tots and other local non-profit groups.
- More than 10,000 attendees
- Visit the ITPalooza History Page for more cool facts
THE CIO COUNCIL WILL BE HOSTING A LUNCH, KEYNOTE AND BREAKOUT SESSIONS AT THE 7TH ANNUAL ITPALOOZA.
CIO Council is proud to present a series of sessions focused on the CIO with speakers and presentations designed to address current CIO concerns, tech trends, and interests. The breakout sessions are designed for CIO Council members, their designated team members, and senior I.T. Managers.
This event is for CIOs/CTOs and senior-level IT executives. Apply for tickets
For the latest news and speaker updates, visit CIOTRACK.ORG
WHY YOU SHOULD ATTEND
- CIO focused Activity
- Keynote address at the CIO-VIP luncheon
- CIO-VIP invitation luncheon
- CIO focused track with special guest presenters
- The CIO track is lead by CIO Council board member Greg Taffet
- Access to all ITPalooza VIP activities
- All-day VIP lounge
- CIO-VIP networking and dinner (from 5 PM)
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITY OVERVIEW
- CIO Track Platinum Sponsor – $6,000.00
- CIO Track Lunch Sponsor – $3,000.00
- CIO Track Gold Sponsor – $1,200.00
- CIO Track Silver Sponsor – $600.00
Visit CIOTRACK.ORG for full details and to purchase sponsorships
CIO-VIP networking in the VIP Lounge. Coffee and pastries will be served – VIP Lounge, 3rd Floor South
CIO-VIP Luncheon with a keynote presentation by Jim McKelvey – Palm “B”, 2nd Floor South
4 Session starting on the hour. 1 PM, 2 PM, 3 PM, 4 PM
CIO Track focuses on 4 topics of particular interest to CIOs – 2nd Floor South
Apply to this job
SherlockTalent is actively looking for an EDI and Database Developer is responsible for managing and maintaining EDI documents, processes, and specifications for all X12 Documents being exchanged with Trading Partners.
- Design, develop and maintain EDI systems, including data mapping, translation, and interfaces
- Coordinating relations with, and serving as a liaison, to internal users, trading partners, vendors and other external partners with respect to data interchange standards
- Performing system testing and quality control checks
- Manage all EDI-based transactions including system configuration
- Developing and maintaining EDI documentation, including mapping rules and data specifications.
- Work with PMO Manager to prepare and manage project backlog, active project plans, project issues, and risks and issue remediation
- Assist business analysts in troubleshooting technical issues with standard or custom EDI programs and reports.
- Translate Business Requirements into Technical EDI Specifications.
- Maintain EDI account transaction activity along with Trading Partner
- Write complex SQL Queries to support business needs, while working with the Manager to maintain databases
- Database Administrator tasks in setting up centralized monitoring, executing scripts, applying patches and fixes, creating backup reports, status reports, and performance monitoring.
- Create and support packages to solve business problems
- Work closely with Manager to design, develop and maintain Database systems across applications.
- Monitor databases on a daily basis to ensure optimal uptime and performance
- Create scripts to automatically monitor database processes and their dependencies
- Develop stored procedures, functions, and other business-driven objects
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related field and or 4-6 years equivalent work experience:
- Experience with developing and implementing X12 EDI documents (including but not limited to 810,820,832,846,850,855,856,844,867).
- 4+ years’ experience using ANSI ASC X12 standards, EDIFACT standards, Gentran Server or Gentran Integration Suite (GIS) — now known as Sterling Integrator (SI) software.
- Data and process flow modeling and documentation experience
- Database queries (SQL)
- Experience with SFTP, FTP, AS2, and VAN
- Knowledge of data extraction from databases and other systems.
- 2 years’ experience developing and writing SQL code
- 2 years’ experience with SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- 2 years’ experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) a plus
- Excellent, proven organizational skills.
- Self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently.
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.”
This is an invitation-only event, Visit the CIO event page to apply for tickets
Creating a competitive advantage with blockchain: Spotlight on the aviation industry.
Is your company leading your industry’s Blockchain platform? Or will your company be forced to conform to a competitor, vendor or client’s platform? Learn to shape your future with this transformative technology evolution.
Jennifer Torlone, Vice President at Willis Lease Finance Corporation
5:30 to 6:00 Check-in
6:00 to 7:00 Networking and Light Dinner
7:00 to 8:00 Introductions, Presentation, Q&A
Why you should attend:
- Network with your peers
- Catered dinner service
- Gain that spark of knowledge that influences change