Magic Leap Inc. is pushing to land a contract with the U.S. Army to build augmented-reality devices for soldiers to use on combat missions, according to government documents and interviews with people familiar with the process. The contract, which could eventually lead to the military purchasing over 100,000 headsets as part of a program whose total cost could exceed $500 million, is intended to “increase lethality by enhancing the ability to detect, decide and engage before the enemy,” according to an Army description of the program. A large government contract could alter the course of the highest-profile startup working on augmented reality, at a time when prospects to produce a consumer device remain uncertain.
Read the complete story here: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-09-21/magic-leap-is-bidding-on-an-army-combat-contract
Apply to this Job
Focus on driving innovation and improving delivery effectiveness by building integration-centric offerings to transition to service-oriented architecture. Provide solution blueprints for highly functional, reliable and performant systems that deliver the scope of business enablement, linking program level solutions to enterprise level solutions. Leads shape the architecture of the organization based on business needs and technology innovations.
- Asses current applications, data flows and processes and design for future growth
- Design and build applications, in alignment with organizational objectives.
- Design Technical Solution/Integration Architectures, including development, runtime, and operations architectures.
- Define solutions using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) patterns, automating business process models and cloud-based services.
- Define the SOA Governance processes.
- Define and deliver integrated solutions by applying proven delivery methodologies including Agile and Model-Driven techniques.
- Design message- and event-driven architectures.
- Design for intelligent logging and reporting capabilities
- Able to drive .Net/Java based solutions using industry standard design patterns
- Develop integration patterns and standards based on industry best practice eg. JSON, SOAP, REST, MQ etc
- Understand different types of messaging topologies (pub/sub, hub and spoke)
- Knowledge of application development and architecture best practice.
- Knowledge of message based and data integration technologies.
- Knowledge of implementing Microservices, API, Web Services and SOA and how to differentiate between them
- Understand different datastore types and how data can flow across systems
- Works with business and cross-technology teams to solution for reusability, long-term manageability, maintainability, integrate-ability, cost, technical debt, and security facets
Experience and Education:
- 8+ yr experience in SDLC in hands-on development.
- 5 yrs. experience in architecting, designing or implementing of integration architectures and applications.
- Experience with integration tool as Open source Middleware products/Mule soft/TIBCO/Jboss EAP/IBM Websphere/Oracle SOA or SoftwareAG webMethods etc. – managing flow of data in a diverse landscape of package and custom applications in different technologies (primarily .Net); reduce complexity in intricate integrations to support reuse and deployment simplicity
- Proven track record in designing Service Oriented Architecture in .Net framework and Java
- Well versed in API management to monitor security, application connections, traffic, and standardization.
- Expertise in design patterns, microservices architecture, SOA, REST/Json calls
- Excellent end to end knowledge of web, client-server, services and DB technologies
- Experienced in sizing applications for optimal performance with thorough understanding of the infrastructure
- Performs work with a high degree of latitude. Handles the most complex issues. Possesses expert knowledge of subject matter. Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in math, computer science or related field and 8 or more years of experience
- Technical expertise.
- Design expertise.
- Debugging skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
Join us Thursday, September 27 at Keiser Pembroke Pines Campus for the 2018 Microservices Summit. You will learn about Software Architecture, Development Methods, Software Techniques, Service Framework, and the Emergence of Microservices in this context. The speakers will be discussing the state of software development, what are the new trends, their pros and cons, and what the future looks like for the development of software services.
- 5:00 PM – Registration Opens
- 5:30 – 6:30 PM – Networking
- 6:30 – 7:00 PM – Announcement and presentations
- 7:00 – 8:00 PM – Panel discussion followed by Q&A
This session will be a deep dive into the world of Artificial Intelligence. We will use the Google AIY Vision Kit to show a real world example of how to setup AI and discuss competing frameworks (CNTK, Tensorflow, Pytorch, etc.) The objective of this session will be to help attendees understand the field of AI, tools of the trade and how to get started as a developer. Please feel free to bring your own Google AIY Vision kit but this is not a requirement since most of the material will be showcasing the technology and not a hands-on lab.
1. Intro to AI/Deep Learning/CNNs
2. Featurization with Images
3. MNIST Sample
4. Recycle Image Example with AML Notebook
5. Google AIY kit
6. AI Frameworks
Jason Virtue, Data & AI Cloud Solution Architect at Microsoft for One Commercial Partner. Jason has worked in the BI industry for 20 years for management consulting firms and Fortune 500 companies. He has worked as a BI architect and delivered multiple BI platforms across various organizations. His technology and real-world experience helps him advise client on best practices in the data warehouse industry.
DATE & TIME:
Thursday – September 27th,[masked]:00 pm – Networking
6:30 pm – Presentation
8:15 pm – Networking
Nova Southeastern University – Davie Campus
Carl DeSantis Building
3301 College Avenue
Davie, Florida 33314
Room #: To Be Announced
ITPalooza is all about content and connecting you, the tech professional, with the information you need to make informed decisions about technology and trends. Each week, we’ll be introducing you to the topics panels and subject-matter experts who will be delivering that content.
Accelerating Digital Transformation with Collaborative Communications
Digital transformation is about meeting the needs of today’s modern business. The new workforce is increasingly mobile, global and distributed and is putting requirements on companies to support their on-the-go lifestyle. Discover how building a cloud ecosystem of integrated applications drives the speed, agility and data insights you need to generate meaningful business outcomes. With the right solutions in place, you can empower employees to work anytime, anywhere and on any device using the modality of their choice – whether online chat, video meetings or voice communications.
About Curtis Peterson
Curtis has more than 20 years’ experience managing information technology and carrier-scale data and packet voice communication networks. At companies ranging in size from start-ups to Fortune 500 firms, Curtis has managed teams responsible for engineering, project management, operations, data security, network security, data center, Carrier Operations, and internet backbone design and operations. Peterson has built world-class teams that can develop highly scalable networks while directing systems with ever-increasing compliance and security requirements in heavily regulated industries. Curtis has been a pioneer in VoIP services in the business communications space and has been developing, launching and operating Class 4 VoIP and customer-facing hosted PBX systems since 2002. Currently, he serves as the Senior VP of Cloud Operations at RingCentral, a leading cloud communications platform for businesses in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
Click or Tap for Tickets and Sponsorship