I don’t think so.
Ever since the advent of mobile phones and smartphones, the techies have been advocating we should all go cardless. While this seems like a perfectly reasonable idea given the extremely simple mechanism for sharing contacts, the practicality of it is not so robust.
Next time we meet, ask me for one of my cool new satin cards!
I’ll suggest a simple workflow for networking –
- Collect all your cards and send LinkedIn invites
- Get a simple business card scanner for your phone – like ‘Scannable’ the ‘Evernote’ addon
- Scan and save your cards to contacts – Done!
- Lastly, set yourself up as a contact in your phone’s contact list, add email and website URL – send this to the cardless crowd.
If you want to read another article about why you should go cardless – check this out: https://www.forbes.com/sites/theyec/2018/06/25/toss-out-your-business-cards-and-make-way-for-technology/#242a4db45530
Apply to this job
- Maintains multiple database management systems in database design, testing implementation, maintenance and administration in a multiple platform environment, contributing with policy and procedure development.
- Maintains and monitors database utilities, the relationships between database users and applications, uses query languages in order to design required summary or aggregation tables to support analyses.
- Reviews functional requirements to resolve issues related to information flow and content.
- Analyses, designs, creates and implements databases, including data models, logical and physical databases, data dictionaries and schemas, access methods, device allocations, validation checks, organization and security.
- Strong understanding of data, databases structure
- Understanding of IT processes and ability to translate and communicate technical concepts into business language;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong team player with willingness to collaborate; strong analytical and problem solving skills; and the ability to deliver quality results on time.
- Fluent in English. Spanish is a plus. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, Listens and gets clarification; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of experience with RDBMS Platforms such as MS SQL, My SQL, Oracle, Teradata.
- Scripting skills.
- Must have working experience in Database Monitoring tools such as FogLight, Ignite, MySQL work bench or similar.
- Strong knowledge of performance and tuning of SQL and Database Server.
- Working knowledge in AWS environment.
- Exposure to Big Data Environment (PB++ data)
- Experience in the integration and migration of existing and planned platforms.
- Knowledge on existing best practices for system or technology integration.
To be considered immediately, Click here to chat with Sherley
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.”
Join us for a joint meeting of the Gold Coast Users Group and Microsoft Business Intelligence User Group.
Business Reporting with Azure Machine Learning By Joe Homnick, CPA.
This presentation will get you up to speed with integrating Azure Machine Learning Services into your Business Intelligence Reporting Process. Joe shows how to use your current Business Intelligence reporting tools such as Excel, Power BI, Pyramid, Tableau, SQL Reporting Services, etc, to implement Azure Machine Learning Services for Vision, Speech, Language, Decision and Search analysis projects.
Joe Homnick is a specialist in aligning Information Technology (IT) with Business goals. With over 30 years of experience as a CPA working in the Information Technology (IT) area, he has a unique ability to bridge the gap between Business decision makers and IT projects. As an acclaimed public speaker, he is a presenter and spokesman for a myriad of IT topics. Lately he has had a passion for Data Science and Blockchain technologies and has recent product experience with SQL Server, SharePoint, several Business Intelligence offerings, Cognitive API’s, Mach, Azure and Ethereum Smart Contracts.
Every once in a while, a really interesting event comes around that has the potential to change the way we see the space around us and how we interact with it. Tomorrow night just such an event will be taking place. “Innovate or Die: Creating a Culture of Innovation ” will explore the impact of change, technology trends, and pitfalls, how to stay competitive., and ideas to ensure IT drives the business forward.
Join me tomorrow evening,
Wednesday, June 20 @5:30 PM
NSU’s CEC – Room 3000
Carl Desantis Bldg
Davie, FL 33314
Download and forward the PDF
Guest Presenter: Stuart Kippelman is the Interim CIO for Biotest Pharmaceuticals, and leading the transformation to a digital business across all company areas. Stuart previously served as Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer for Platform Specialty Products, and Covanta Energy. For his transformational work, Stuart has received numerous prestigious industry recognitions including Top 100 CIO’s in STEM 2015, Computerworld’s 2014 Premier IT Leader Award and the CIO.com Top 100 Award in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Prior to joining Covanta, Stuart held many leadership and technical roles of increasing responsibility at Johnson & Johnson. He was Corporate Director of Technology M&A and Emerging Market Growth, CIO/CTO of Health & Wellness, Vice President of Global Infrastructure Technology Engineering, and Development, as well as other roles in engineering, architecture, research, portfolio management, deployment, and operations. Stuart holds multiple patents in data mining, analytics, and Business Intelligence. He is actively engaged in helping guide and develop the next generation of IT leadership and serves as a career mentor both for Columbia University’s Executive Master of Science in Technology Management program, as well as the CIO Executive Council Pathways program.
Apply to this job
SherlockTalent is looking for a Technical Writer for a world class technology organization striving to bring best-of-breed payment processing solutions to the more than 300 financial institutions that are already clients. Commitment to excellence and providing innovative technology and superior customer service; Looking for individuals who will be laser focused in helping us achieve our goals.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work and assist in creating, editing, and reviewing comprehensive technical documents such as user guides, online help, in-app documents and technical specifications
- Coordinate with Software Engineers to obtain an in-depth understanding of the platform, its features and updates.
- Analyze the information elicited to create accurate and reliable material that can be understood by technical and non-technical users.
- Help review and maintain technical documents to ensure its consistency and alignment with the latest version of the platform.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit operational procedures and manuals
- Research, develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- College degree in journalism, English, writing, communications, marketing, or relevant related field.
- Minimum 7 years technical solution writing experience in software or systems integration field.
- Strong aptitude in developing content, grasping difficult concepts and interpreting technical writing.
- Skilled in PC software – Strong in Word; good knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Visio, MS Project, and SharePoint a plus
- Strong oral communications and writing skills
- Strong skills in ensuring continuity, clarity and consistency of writing
- Experience working as a part of a large project team or as a lead.
- Demonstrates proven editing and writing skills through a portfolio of samples that include papers, reports, business, or other documents.
- Flexible; multitasking; manages contingencies, options, etc.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work well with people of varying backgrounds, disciplines
- Proactive; self-starter; excellent follow-through
- Independent as well as team oriented, as needed
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.