You have probably noticed a flood of emails and alerts from companies in the last few weeks informing you about changes to their privacy policies.
Don’t ignore them. Yes, there is a lot of legalese to wade through. But resist the temptation to immediately delete those emails or close the alerts right away. They may contain important information about managing your digital privacy at a time when it’s become clear that our online data is far from safe.
Read the complete article here: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/23/technology/personaltech/what-you-should-look-for-europe-data-law.html
Apply to this job
Our client, an industry leader based in downtown Fort Lauderdale is looking for a Senior Database Developer to join their growing team of IT pro’s on a full-time basis.
This role will develop database solutions by designing new databases and methods to update, insert data, and monitor security and usage within determined specifications. Works with application developers and stakeholders and applies industry standards to all database solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Creating/Coding new databases solutions based on a combination of predetermined specifications, individual experience and industry best practices
- Building aggregate tables and cube solutions for use in analysis software
- Responsible for management of company data elements, ensuring that data is as accurate and easily accessible as possible
- Determine database structural requirements by working with internal business stakeholders, and identifying optimal database specifications
- Ability to develop ETL Processes, Ability to develop SSRS Reports
- Data Analytics and predictive modeling, develop algorithms, perform data analysis and data validation
- Build program code, test and deploy in different servers or computer equipment
- Microsoft SQL Skills (OLTP / OLAP)
- JiRA or other Project Management software
- Troubleshooting and data analysis skills
- Ability to code in TSQL, and do data analysis
- Experience in developing ETL packages using SSIS
- Experience in developing reports using SSRS
- Setting up alerts and job to monitor reliable working of processes
- Prior SQL Stored Procedure/Function/Database Development for use in reporting and application environments
- Data warehouse design and implementation
- In-depth knowledge of troubleshooting skills to overcome data obstacles
- Excellent practical hands-on experience with Microsoft SQL query language, including ETL development and SSIS applications
- Troubleshooting Security, Performance issues and business implementation challenges
- MS SQL Server 2008+ (2010+ preferred)
- Microsoft SQL SSIS Development Skills
- MS SSRS/Power BI
SherlockTalent loves to share a $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.”
***No 3rd party vendors Please***
Click here to register
SFTA and Citrix Present “An Evening with Ron Antevy from e-Builder”
Join us for an evening of Q&A with e-Builder President and CEO Ron Antevy.
e-Builder was founded in 1995 when Jonathan Antevy put his mas-ter’s thesis plan into action. His thesis focused on research of multi-media and Internet applications for the construction industry. His vision was to move practical construction applications onto the Web. Soon after graduation, Jonathan partnered with his brother Ron Antevy to found e-Builder, a web-based construction management solution.
SFTA and Citrix Present: “An Evening with Ron & Jon Antevy” e-Builder Founders
In an unprecedented move to bring its top-of-the-line creative suite to more students, Adobe has announced new pricing for K-12 school and school districts.
Adobe Creative Cloud has a new lower price point for students. On Thursday, May 3, Adobe announced a price change dropping the entire suite of Creative Cloud apps to about $5 a year per student for K-12 schools. The change is a steep reduction from the previous student pricing, $35 a month per student for institutions. For non-students, an all-app subscription costs $53.
Read the complete story here: https://www.digitaltrends.com/photography/adobe-creative-cloud-price-drops-for-schools/
Apply to this Job
Front End Developer
Top Tier, integrated Marketing firm in Fort Lauderdale, FL is looking for a creative Front-End Developer to join their team of curious, technology-driven professionals. The ideal candidate will be proficient in front-end technologies and have experience developing web-based applications.
- Collaborating with UX and UI designers on new sites.
- Integrating front-end designs with REST API services.
- WordPress themes, templates and custom systems.
- Automated browser testing, mobile device testing, email client testing.
- Quality Assurance Technical Reviews.
- HTML5 Animated Banners (Google WebDesigner or Adobe Animate).
- Responsive email templates; email broadcast tools.
- Evaluation of new front end and full-stack languages & techniques.
- Ability to work directly with client and team to build relationships.
- Balanced analytical and creative mindset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in an Agile, deadline-driven environment.
- History of developing web-based applications preferably used by the general public with high traffic volume.
- SOAP and REST Web Services
- MVC and OOP design patterns.
- Git or others Version Control systems
- Self-motivated and able to work in a small team with minimal supervision.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Nice to have, but not required:
- BS in Computer Science degree (or similar degree)
- Animation & Video Editing
- PHP frameworks (Zend Framework 2+)
- Mobile Application Development Framework (React Native, Ionic, Appcelerator)
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux systems