I’m excited to tell you about the upcoming Tech Night at the Ballpark fundraiser in support the NAF Miami program, NAF Student/Industry Conference and the Get My Interns project.
Planned for September 16, the event will take place at the Marlins Ballpark and a block of seats is reserved for our participation. Tickets for the Brewers v Marlins game are available at the link below.
Your participation helps to support and promote:
To be considered immediately, Click here to chat with Sherley
Our client in Palm Beach County is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer Manager that will be responsible for overseeing the operational aspects across technology groups, managing the team’s project workload, and coordinating all systems maintenance activities. The Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting, fixing problems and escalating issues to the appropriate teams. This candidate will also be responsible for scheduling, mentoring, and administrative activities of the Systems Engineering team.
- Architect and implement required features of the AE tool architecture and road map.
- Work with other teams as necessary to forecast long term strategies for filling feature gaps in the availability and performance toolsets to keep multiple steps ahead of the curve
- Perform monitoring software administration (maintenance, upgrades).
- Provide auditing tools to ensure accurate monitoring of all devices, services, and processes.
- Architect and develop tools to enhance correlation of historical performance and alert data with current issues.
- Define and articulate standards and best practices for monitoring and performance testing
- Take a primary role in designing and building solutions to improve operational awareness.
- Research, architect, and oversee implementation of monitoring solutions for new technologies.
- Actively engage users of AE tools to solicit feedback, triaging + incorporating feature requests/bug fixes.
- Be available for support of the availability tools on a rotational basis.
- Provide technological leadership for team members
Required Skill and Experience:
- B.S Computer Science, related field, or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of experience in Linux, Windows, Mac OS X
- 5+ years in technology management.
- Able to provide simple and well-designed solutions to complex problems including data collection, aggregation, and display and improving performance of highly-scalable products
- The ability to architect and develop monitoring and reporting solutions with tools such as Shell scripting, Perl, PHP, MySQL, Java, SNMP, and RRDtool.
- Expert level knowledge of TCP/IP stack, HTTP, POP, IMAP, SMTP protocols
- Expert level knowledge of RPM package creation process, source/version control, and apache/lighttpd web servers
- Expert level knowledge of the Linux kernel
- Experience in an Enterprise Java environment desirable.
- Experience in configuration management such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with Virtualization and Cloud based technologies
- Experience in managing SAN’s such as EMC and NetApp
- Data Center Management
- Assigning of work daily via ticketing system queues
- Maintaining relationships with vendors
- Technology service cost analysis
- Contract negotiations (new services and renewals)
- Change Control Management (ITIL Based)
- 2-3 days of week to perform review of changes
- Retrospective sessions on failed releases
- Communication of code freezes
- Quarterly review and update of change control policy
- Experience with Atlassian tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket
- Acting as technical and managerial escalation points for NOC, HelpDesk, and Systems Team
- On Call 24/7/365
- Technical policy creation and management
- Overseeing code review for configuration management
- Monitoring ticket queues for change control, incidents, and requests
To be considered immediately, Click here to chat with Sherley
Facebook, PayPal, Godaddy, Apple and more, taking a stand on Charlottesville. Technology companies seek balance with free speech.
One after another, companies moved to cut off services to customers linked to the bloodshed and to the constellation of beliefs surrounding it – or, at the minimum, to reiterate that they could.
‘Particularly in the Valley, they are all about freedom and not being the arbiters of opinion – but now that is changing’.
Read the complete article.
Come and learn about joining the STEM Advisory Board to prepare our youth for careers in
Technology, Engineering and Health Science.
Breakfast and networking followed by general session and committee planning.
Kindly RSVP to [email protected]
Apply to this job
Have you ever been responsible for managing and leading a team of developers in a high productivity and performance manner? The Applications Manager is also responsible for overseeing any enterprise applications portfolio and architecture that are in the IT business solution.
This is what you will be doing:
- Performing on tasks assigned to the team in a ‘hands-on’ manner and ensure processes and practices meet or exceed industry standards including quality and documentation
- Evaluates in-house developer performance, sets expectations and goals for department and individual staff members, recruits, disciplines and trains staff.
- Establish and maintain user credibility by listening and delivering projects.
- Consults with internal departments to identify customer needs and include into project objectives. Provides support regarding product development to internal departments.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in overall project management by prioritizing, planning and tracking project progress.
- Leads the definition of the enterprise application portfolio and application architecture
- Designs, develops and modifies programs, including prototypes.
- Manages relationships (and ensure compliance to SLA’s) with enterprise software vendors that are within the IT portfolio of applications.
- Act as the key liaison across all functional areas, including business units, the IT department, and enterprise solution vendors.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of enterprise solution roadmaps and to ensure successful introductions across the organization.
- Develop enterprise solution concepts and business cases for new application investments.
- Perform business analysis and prepare recommendations and business plans as needed.
- Create and analyze relevant information and develop recommendations that they present to senior management.
- Understands integration points between enterprise systems, and the associated data models.
- Seek and eliminate legacy systems pursuing accuracy, data integrity and best process definition.
- Project scoping, manage relationships, and project planning, process control, identification of ‘best technologies’, development excellence, testing accuracy, deployment effectiveness and attention to high quality assurance and release management.
- Performs and adheres to best practice Project Management methodologies.
- Experience developing relationships with and ensuring the appropriate participation of key client stakeholders and client executives.
- Experience in developing strategic roadmaps.
- Create, manage and track projects, including, but not limited to: Project schedules, detailed project plans, project scope statements, cost estimates, resource plans, risk and issues logs, status reports.
- Follow company HIPPA, and Record Storage Policy, Company Code of Conduct, and all other Company Procedures. Report non-compliance observations and concerns accurately and promptly.
This is what you’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or experience equivalent to education.
- Minimum of 7 yrs. IT experience with demonstrated experience leading collaborative IT teams.
- Minimum 3 years of client relationship management experience
- Experience in project lifecycles from business case development to final delivery, oversight of project teams as they gather functional and technical requirements, project timelines, status reports, issues/risks lists, and deployment.
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools.
We consider this skill as a big plus:
- PMP® certifications
- A strong background in both Waterfall and Agile software development methodology is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience conducting Business or Systems Analysis
SherlockTalent loves to share $500 referral bonus!
“U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time. No H1 Visas.”