This year ITPalooza will be held at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center. Conveniently situated and with parking for 3000 cars on-site, the Convention Center is an ideal venue for the center-piece of the the South Florida IT events calendar.
Sponsorship opportunities are now selling and I encourage you to take advantage the super early-bird pricing options.
- ITPalooza 2017 will take place on December 7, 2017 at the fabulous Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center.
- ITPalooza is the center-piece of the South Florida IT events calendar and the anchor event of the South Florida Technology Alliance.
- Not only is ITPalooza the perfect platform for brand marketing, product launches and start-ups but it’s also the perfect opportunity to have some fun in the sun in Fort Lauderdale, the ‘Venice of America’.
- Whether you’re planning to visit ITP17 as an attendee or as a sponsor, the region has plenty to offer when much of the rest of the country is knee deep in snow.
- We have an all-day format that offers great value for sponsors. You will be exposed to 2000 attendees comprised of the regions top IT delegates and technology professionals.
- We provide the environment for you to do business.
Apply to this job
Our client located in Miramar, FL is looking for a Sr. Systems Engineer who will be responsible for providing support to the IT Infrastructure team and the Business on all elements of the distributed computing environment including, WAN/LAN networks, servers and associated appliances including telephony, network security, data storage and backups, disaster recovery, and data monitoring. This includes participating in and time management of assigned projects and tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the daily activities of IT infrastructure team members including design, development, implementation, and support of IT technologies across all facilities.
- Monitors workload assigned work including help desk tickets assigned to the team, makes sure project tasks are progressing according to schedule, and tickets are addressed in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex hardware and software problems, including end user desktop PCs and enterprise data servers.
- Assists in troubleshooting the telephony system(s) installed at all company locations
- Collaborates with other IT Infrastructure teams and staff to facilitate problem resolution, project definition and completion, and consistency and compliance to departmental standards and policies.
- Identify and resolve problems affecting messaging systems performance, efficiency, and availability in a timely manner.
- Define, test and where required perform system backups and recovery procedures to ensure full data retrieval.
Monitor and test system performance; provide statistics and reports.
- Manage servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated operating systems and software.
- Perform server and security audits, and system backups and recovery.
- Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
- Ensure that servers comply with established policies, standards, software licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines.
- Recommend and execute modifications to systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Establish and implement policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure system security.
- Review and deploy new service packs, hot fixes, system updates, and vendor-supplied patches to servers according to best practices.
- Set and administer server storage space allotments, resource reservations, and directory assistance.
- Conduct research on hardware and software in support of procurement and system development efforts.
- Works with infrastructure personnel to monitor volume, capacity, and bandwidth of existing network architecture to meet changing priorities and effectively manage growth in relation to telephony system(s)/infrastructure.
- Participate in the design and review of new telephony systems
- Review database performance and growth trends and provide recommendations for hardware sizing, server consolidation, clustering, storage, etc.
- Coordinates with change management team to ensure production release procedures are properly completed prior to implementation of changes in production.
- Joins the team in the development, maintenance, and testing of business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities and procedures associated with our IT infrastructure.
- Assists in the design, development, and implementation of security technologies to prevent, detect, and respond to internal and external security threats..
- Knowledge of current protocols and standards, including TCP/IP, SMTP, CLI, DOS, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP, SNMP, DNS, LDAP, iOS, Subnet, IP, NTFS, FAT, FAT32,
- Conversant with programming languages such as .xls, .xlsx, .mdb, sql, .NET, MySQL, Powershell,
- Application support experience with ERP, CRM, BI tools, POS, SharePoint, Project Management Tools
- Systems support experience on VMWare, Redgate backup tools, VEEAM Backup.
- Azure environment management a plus.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field or experience equivalent to education.
- Minimum of 5 yrs. IT experience with demonstrated experience working in collaborative IT teams.
- Experience with server performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of server hardware and associated network equipment.
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining all manners of telephony hardware and associated network equipment, and software
- In-depth understanding of client-server systems, wide-area networks, data storage systems, and data center operations.
- Working knowledge of server hardware. Experience with Cisco UCS and Dell blade systems desired.
- Demonstrated expertise supporting Microsoft technologies including Windows 2008/2010 Server, Active Directory, and SQL.
- Experience specifying, configuring, installing, and troubleshooting network routers and switches.
- Experience supporting Disaster Recovery Sites and related technologies.
- Documented technical training or certification in Microsoft, Cisco or other IT technologies highly desirable.
- General knowledge of firewalls, VPNs, is required.
SherlockTalent loves to share $500 referral bonus!
Held annually in early December, ITPalooza is the center-piece of the South Florida IT events calendar.
Not only is ITPalooza the perfect platform for brand marketing but it’s also the perfect opportunity to have some fun in the sun in Fort Lauderdale, the ‘Venice of America’
In the past 5 editions:
- 8500+ visitors
- 340+ exhibitors
- 300+ Speakers,
- Over $150,000 raised in cash and toys
Thursday, December 7, 2017, Registration opens at 8:00AM
Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center
1950 Eisenhower Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Phone: (954) 765-5900
Parking for 3000 cars available at the Convention Center
Is Google doing enough to curb the spread of terrorist propaganda?
In the wake of multiple recent attacks, Google announced today new measures to combat the distribution of terrorist propaganda on its platforms.
Google plans to use a combination of AI and its trusted army of human ‘flaggers’ to weed out the content.
Google has in recent months lost million of dollars in ad revenue as some of the worlds largest marketing companies have abandoned Google’s YouTube platform. Read more here
ITPalooza announces date and venue
The ITPalooza organizing committee today announced its official launch of ITP17. The 6th annual edition will take place at the Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center on Thursday December 7. To keep up to date on all things ITP, visit www.itpalooza.org
I’m your personal SherlockTalent agent, available to you 24/7/365. I’ll help you hire and be hired. You’ll find me on Social Media, the SherlockTalent website and job postings. While some may think I’m just an AI chatbot, I’m modeled from a real human here at SherlockTalent. Job specific questions come from Shirley, and you’ll get human to human chat as conversation evolves. This Thursday at VentureCafe, you can meet me in person or Chat with me now on SherlockTalent.com