With only 10 days remaining before ITPalooza’16, I’m excited to report that the event is more popular than ever with presenters, sponsors and attendees.
We already have over 100 Sponsors and Tech Groups making up the vendor exhibit and the hiring fair. A quick visit to the ITPalooza’16 sponsors page will blow you away when you see the the sheer breadth and depth of local, regional and international companies represented at this year’s event. This is a testament to the dedication of the ITP16 team as well as an indication of the growing importance and popularity of the event in the region.
Attendance numbers are above average and with so many fantastic networking opportunities, keynote addresses, tech sessions, prizes and technology experiences, we are expecting a record crowd. Please remember, discounts available for SherlockTalent subscribers as well at Toys for Tots pledge tickets always FREE and Available.
See you at ITP16, December 8, Signature Grand, Ft. Lauderdale.
Apply to this job
Senior C# Full Stack Software Engineer
Our client in Palm Beach County is looking for a Senior C# Full Stack Software Engineer.
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Write code to solve business problems in innovative ways
- Apply and document technical design principles to architect your code for maintainability and reliability
- Ensure quality products by designing and driving testing efforts in partnership with QA
- Work with our technical support teams to solve complex product support issues; will need to troubleshoot, research, and come up with long-term solutions
- Make recommendations on new tools and technologies to build new software and improve existing software
- Work collaboratively with our internal teams and external partners on design, development, and delivery of our business solutions
Challenge: Build loosely coupled and highly scalable software solutions that can change and grow with customer’s needs
Benefit: Software Engineers are key players in delivering cloud-based business solutions to customers nationwide.
Purpose: Software Engineers support the success of new and existing software systems by designing and developing solutions that help support customers’ businesses
- Full stack-developer that can work on both the front-end and back-end of an application
- Experienced object oriented programmer
- Expert C#
- Demonstrated experience with event driven architecture – Ability to build loosely coupled software and highly scalable software solutions
- Demonstrated experience developing multi-tenant or SAAS (Software as a Service) / cloud-ready applications
- Experience with continuous delivery (automation of all processes throughout the software development lifecycle); e.g. automated builds, automated tests, automated deployments
Environment is business driven, so you will need the the ability to be flexible and move with change such as changing technologies and changing priorities. You will need to be able to communicate information effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences. You should also have an analytical perspective with problem-solving and conflict resolution skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues as well as be very good at multitasking and customer service.
- Experience with open source technology: Jenkins, RabbitMQ, NodeJS, etc
- Experience with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Building location aware applications
- Development experience with applications that run in a disconnected mode (applications that able to run without internet connectivity)
- iOS, Swift, and WCF
Are you ready for the great ITPalooza IoT Hackathon?
You are invited to bring your A-Game to the ITPalooza IoT Hackathon. This year the hackathon will be held at the Las Olas Campus of Broward College, Friday Dec 2 thru’ Saturday Dec 3. Winning teams will be announced the following Thursday at ITP16 during the official awards ceremony.
You’ve got 36 hours to hack your way to a real-world IoT solution.
The Playing Field:
- Open to all coders/developers
- Students, faculty, professionals, and start-ups
- Winning teams will be announced at ITP16, Dec 8, 2016
- Official prize-giving ceremony
- Your participation in the hackathon gets you automatic admission to ITP16
- Just show your Hackathon badge at ITP16 check-in
Fri, Dec 2, 2016, 8:00 AM – Sat, Dec 3, 2016, 5:00 PM
225 East Las Olas Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Last week the SFTA and Citrix hosted a South Florida IoT event and the response was electrifying. The event showcased 4 South Florida tech companies deeply involved in B2B IoT. A lot of questions were answered and still many more remain.
It became clear that IoT, either B2B or B2C, is in its infancy and as such there are still many hurdles to cross. Like defining standards for devices to communicate, dealing with multiple-dashboards and controlling the flow of data, not to mention the security aspects.
If you missed the event, don’t disrepair, there’s more of the same coming up at ITPalooza, Dec 8. Please check out the IoT track and sign up for the whole event for FREE today!
Apply to this job.
The Security Engineer’s role is to serve as a security expert in network and/or platform (operating system) efforts, application development, database design, helping project teams comply with enterprise and IT security policies, industry regulations, contractual obligations, SOX, and security best practices. This is achieved by planning, designing, and developing security best practices then implementing. In addition, the Security Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all security hardware, software, and communication links. This individual will also analyze and resolve security related problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end–user training where required.
- Analyzes business impact and exposure, based on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and risks.
- Researches, evaluates recommends, and implements information-security-related hardware and software, including developing business cases for security investments.
- Contributes to the development and maintenance of the information security strategy.
- Create security standards for firewalls, wireless access, other network devices, servers, systems, applications, and databases.Researches, designs and advocates new technologies, architectures, and security products that will support security requirements for the enterprise and its customers, business partners and vendors.
- Communicates security risks and solutions to business partners and IT staff.
- Monitor security risk and troubleshoot problem areas as needed.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of security software and equipment.
- Assists in the coordination and completion of information security operations documentation.
- Reports to management concerning residual risk, vulnerabilities and other security exposures, including misuse of information assets and noncompliance.
- Advises security administrators on normal and exception-based processing of security authorization requests.
- Penetration testing and vulnerability assessments: performs control and vulnerability assessments to identify control weaknesses and assess the effectiveness of existing controls, and recommends remedial action.
- Responsible for the execution of risk assessment activities, analyzing the results of audits (performed by other groups) to produce recommendations of acceptable risk and risk mitigation strategies.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or electrical engineering and/or 1-5 years equivalent work experience.
- Certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISO, not required, but a plus Strong knowledge of network security
Firewalls – Juniper / Cisco / Checkpoint.
- VPN & remote access
- Certificate based access
- Access points
- 802.11x standards
- WEP / WPA(2)
- Strong knowledge of cryptography
- Encryption algorithms
- Private / public key architecture
- Digital signatures
- Strong knowledge of application and database securityThe role of security within the SDLC
- Database encryption
- Application vulnerability discovery
- Strong working knowledge of authentication and access control
- Federated authentication. e.g. ADFS, SSO, SAML, OpenID
- Active Directory security groups
- Application roles
- Strong working knowledge of operations and security monitoring tools
- SEIM: Juniper STRM
- Vulnerability assessment
- Orion Solarwinds
- Packet sniffers
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- The following would be a definite plus
- Experience in a large infrastructure or security implementation. i.e. multiple sites throughout a geographically dispersed area
- Experience in a multi-datacenter environment
- Understanding of MS Active Directory
- Understanding of application development
- Highly self-motivated and directed; takes initiative.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Skills to mentor other employees
- Ability to successfully lift 50lbs.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
- Physically able to participate & facilitate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.
- Flexibility to directly assist with any other tasks not specifically mentioned at the discretion or request from a member of management.