Offshore outsourcing is without a doubt a part of globalization, and I’m sure it’s here to stay. For many companies outsourcing represents a real value that they are prepared to manage and maintain, but for many it represents a lot of headaches.
Here are a few reasons you should consider strengthening you local team rather than outsourcing:
Risk of confidentiality: Before hiring an outsourcing firm, do your homework. Make sure their references check out and that they have no previous history of leaking information. This is always a concern when outsourcing. Take the proper precautionary legal measures to avoid any misuse of your sensitive data. Better safe than sorry!
Lack of quality: This often happens when you choose a vendor that doesn’t have a proper development process or enough experience. Those who experience this often go for the “cheaper” outsourcing firms, which in turn can end up hurting you and costing you more money. Look through the vendor’s portfolio to see the type of work they do and how complex it is. This will give you a sense of their capabilities and experience.
Weak customer support: Service providers without good experience in managing outsourcing relationships may fail to deliver good customer care. If they are working for more companies than they can afford, you won’t get enough attention and the end result will be disappointing.
Hidden costs: Although outsourcing is known for cost-effectiveness, hidden costs may stem during the development period. These costs arise from unanticipated changes that demand some quick adjustments. Setting a clear outline of cost and potential extra charges upfront should be done before signing a contact.
Communication and cultural barriers: Lack of understanding the cultural differences between the company and outsourcing vendor may cause problems in communication. Set clear expectations for both parties in the beginning to decrease the chances of this happening.
Read the complete article here.
SherlockTalent is looking for a Talent Sourcer in our Miami Beach office. Selected candidate will identify candidates for our recruitment team, help with back-office responsibilities including scheduling interviews, working on background checks, and creating offers of employment. The idea candidate must have a strong customer service orientation, be detail oriented and understand the importance of urgency in the recruiting process.
- Conduct independent sourcing via social recruiting, networking, job postings, cold calls, etc.
Work closely with recruiters and hiring managers to understand their needs in order to identify the right talent; ensure goals are met.
- Manage a consistent, high volume flow of qualified candidates through active and passive sourcing methods.
- Develop pipeline of candidates in niche areas as determined by market needs and business strategies.
- Identify recruiting sources, assess new talent and develop leading-edge methods to attract diverse talent.
- Schedule and track candidates throughout hiring process in our applicant tracking system
- Work closely with recruiting team to share new applicants and ensure follow-up with candidates
- Participate in Job Fairs representing SherlockTalent
- Assist with scheduling phone and onsite interviews
- File applications and perform background checks on candidates
- Answer phones and greet employees/candidates
- Operate independently with minimal day-to-day guidance from management
- Multi-task effectively- working quickly and accurately in a fast-paced work environment
- Juggle multiple priorities with finesse.
- Conduct candidate reference checks striving to raise our hiring bar with each new recruit.
- Track goals, metrics and performance of the hiring cycle; regularly communicate status and results.
- Propose and implement ongoing innovations and improvements to recruitment process
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 1-2 years in a similar role Recruiting Coordinator/Sourcer
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and ability to learn new computer applications quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for outstanding customer service
- Must possess a high degree of integrity, reliability and trustworthiness
Do you like Project Management and Support Management in fast paced, advanced technology work environment? This is your opportunity to join a rapidly growing international company based in Boca Raton. Successful prior experience required using Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP Systems. You’ll work with Management Reporter and other Finance related software as well as providing user support for Dynamics AX.
Finance IT Project Management
- Identify, document and maintain a list of all Finance sponsored IT projects.
Work with internal staff to define the business requirements for each project. Document the business requirements and track changes.
- Develop a detailed project plan for each project. Work with internal staff and outside vendors to identify all required tasks, assign resources, estimate schedules and estimate costs.
- Work with internal staff, the CIO & CFO, and outside vendors to complete projects.
- Ensure projects are completed on schedule and within budget. Identify risks that could result in delays, cost overruns, and solutions that do not completely meet the business requirements.
- Communicate project completion. Directly conduct training or work with internal staff and outside vendors to complete training.
Dynamics AX Support
- Act as a Dynamics AX “Super User” and perform functions outside the scope of general accounting staff or functions requiring an above average knowledge of the Dynamics AX and related software products.
- Generally, provide business hour technical support to the Finance team when there are questions or issues related to Dynamics AX, Management Report and other Dynamics AX related software products.
- Work with Dynamics AX partner retained by Vertical Bridge to escalate issues that cannot be resolved internally.
- Directly conduct training or work with internal staff and outside vendors to complete training.
- Ensure the Dynamics AX environment is performing smoothly at all times. Recommend system and infrastructure changes in advance of need. Work with outside vendors to implement changes.
- Four year degree (BA or BS), preferably in an Information Technology and/or Accounting field preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of Microsoft Dynamics AX experience preferred.
Experience with SharePoint environment, including, but not limited to, the Dynamics AX Enterprise Portal.
- Possess project management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to follow established company protocol and communication guidelines and work well within a team-oriented environment as well as being able to work independently.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with internal and external clients as well as vendors.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) skills desired, but not required.
The CRC – Child Rescue Coalition – will hold its August briefing in Boca on August 3 and Miami August 24.
The Child Rescue Coalition is seeking high-performing technologists and entrepreneurs to join our team of Advisors.
We will have prosecutors and members of law enforcement present in addition to CRC staff. For RSVP’s, please confirm your full name so we may clear you through security ahead of time.
If you would like to attend either date, please contact Colleen Lockwood
More information about CRC here.
Download overview: CRC-Overview-July-15-2015
With so much of our data and applications residing in the cloud, it’s easy to overlook essential data that lives either in our local servers and PCs or in other locations we never consider.
Most in the IT world recognize the need for a backup strategy that embraces the local environment, but many forget that a corporate website, while ostensibly hosted in the ‘cloud’, is not necessarily backed up by the hosting provider.
Many providers have backup mechanisms that while capturing the raw data of your site, do a poor job of making site restoration easy. In addition, a backup stored in your hosting platform could prove useless if you no longer have access to the platform.
To facilitate one-click restoration of a corporate website, it is likely you will need a premium real-time cloud backup service. These services are relatively inexpensive when compared to the cost of loosing your site.