It’s just not possible to turn on the TV or read Google News without falling over terrifying stories of new Cyber Crimes. If like most of us in the IT industry, you are concerned about Cyber Security, then you should take a look at the series of 4 events taking place at NSU’s GSCIS during October.
ITPalooza is just 10 short weeks away. We have a lot of activity going on including ‘Musician Call’, ‘Call for Volunteers’ and the October 15 Organizing Committee on-site walk-through. If you would like to get involved with South florida’s premier holiday party / charity event, please email [email protected]
With your support, Nova Southeastern University’s Graduate School of Computer and Information Sciences (GSCIS) can expand opportunities for deserving students through scholarships and fellowships, update labs and facilities, preserve and celebrate the history of computing through the museum and much more.
Our museum has exhibits tracing the development of computer technology through the ages! Gifts can be processed online, over the phone, or by mail. Gifts of all sizes are appreciated and may be directed to specific programs within GSCIS.
If you have any additional questions please contact: Jessica Rodriguez, M.P.A., Director, Alumni and Community Outreach, (954) 262-2021, [email protected]
Our client, a national chain, has a need for an Informatica ETL (Data Acquisition) Developer.
The company recently upgraded to Informatica and you would be the main ETL developer to work on the rest of upgrade as well as maintaining the system. They are looking for someone with the following:
- 4-6+ years Informatica Power Center ETL development experience Required –version 9 preferred but 8.x acceptable, Power center tool, & windows environment
- 3-5 years SQL SSIS experience Required – specifically with Data Warehouse/BI environment.
- Advanced SQL stored procedure/ programming experience required.
- 5+ years of solid knowledge of data warehousing objects, and design concepts and proven experience on how to implement these.
- Experience with Data vault design methodology desirable but not required.
- Experience with Historical mapping techniques preferred.
- Experience with dimensional mapping required.
- Knowledge of advanced concepts such as partitioning, snow-flaking, Intelligent keys required
- Experience with mapping different data sources, such as SQL databases, flat files, multiple data sources, etc.
- Prototyping experience desirable.
- Experience with Teradata as a target platform preferred.
You will be part of a fast paced team working on multiple projects with High priorities for the corporation.
Excellent Opportunity to work with a High Level team of IT professionals whose business is very much IT driven with new initiatives and working with the latest in technology.
Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
Will consider candidates from out of town–but they must be able to relocate and work fulltime onsite in Miami.
There’s a lot happening over at the ITPalooza website and we invite you to visit the update link for the latest information. On October 15 the ITPalooza Organizing Committee, led by Alex Funkhouser will have an on-site meeting at Nova Southeastern’ Universities Graduate School of Information and Computer Sciences to go over logistical consideration for the 2013 event.
Jess Coburn, President of Applied Innovations, is a pillar of the South Florida technology community. He is a thought leader and his company is a cloud provider and Windows hosting power house.
Jess will be discussing Cloud Options @ Coders Caffee – Caffeine Spaces, October 1st
There’s not a one size fits all cloud solution today and likely never will be one. As you look to deploy your web application, there’s more than one path to the cloud. In this presentation we’ll review how you can deploy many of the Azure services yourself, with the same tools, the same technology and even the same user interface but in your datacenter, on your servers and customized to your unique business needs and we’ll go over some of the advantages and disadvantages associated with that.